Who are we?
Sanlam Developing Markets (SDM) (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sanlam Life Limited) is one of the top financial services providers in the South African entry-level and emerging middle market. It aims to understand the unique requirements of clients and offers a wide range of simple and affordable financial solutions that cover needs such as funeral insurance, savings for education, life cover and personal accident plans. In terms of the Sanlam Group Governance Policy, SDM is managed by the SA Retail Mass cluster, which is part of the Sanlam Life and Savings cluster within the Sanlam Group. There are four businesses within the SA Retail Mass cluster, namely; Group Benefits, Individual Life, Safrican Insurance and African Rainbow Life.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
What will you do?
- To provide financial advice along with a financial plan in line with the customer value proposition and treating customers fairly framework.
- To work in allocated key accounts and allocated markets.
- To offer customer service to Sanlam clients.
- To arrange appointments with potential customers within Key Accounts and Allocated Markets.
- To update and inform customers and client public of our new products.
Class of Business (COB):
Should the candidate have been deemed Fit and Proper for Tier 1 by 01 April 2018, the candidate is then deemed competent for Class of Business. All applicants that were still under supervision for any competency requirement pre or post 01 April 2018 will be required to have obtained Class of Business prior to appointment. If a potential candidate has not completed Class of Business they are still deemed to be under supervision and cannot be appointed as a Financial Advisor.
Qualification & experience
FSB recognised qualification listed or credits pertaining to the date of first appointment in the industry, as listed on the most recently published Board notice as published for recognised qualification by the FSB.
- Matric (grade 12) or NQF level 4
- RE5 an advantage
- Clear Credit and Criminal records
- FAIS Compliance
- At least two years' work experience within sales or marketing
- Client Service Orientation
- Ability to influence client decision
- Confident decision maker
- Great business acumen
- Adhering to principles and values
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Activity management.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We're all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future - your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realize their worth. Through its business clusters - Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office - the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.