About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently looking for a Assistant Project Accountant
to join our Highways team, flexible regarding location.
The Assistant Project Accountant provide assurance for the project financial management, cost control and reporting in accordance with Group Policies. What you'll be doing
As an Assistant Project Accountant,
you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Working closely with the commercial team to help pull together the site application for payment to the client
- Working with the Site Support & Commercial teams to pull together the weekly cost Report
- Act as a financial partner to the relevant leadership teams to ensure all financial issues are robustly and effectively managed and reported
- Timely preparation of accurate monthly Cost and Value reconciliations and other financial reports, complying with all relevant accounting policies and requirements
- Provide constructive challenge and input into project review meetings to ensure that issues are identified, reported and addressed
- Work closely with the Commercial teams to understand and influence business performance and manage risks. Ensure risk is effectively reported.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations, manage the balance sheet, cash flow and credit control routines
- Control WIP model and produce month end WIP/Overmeasure balances
- Be proactive in identifying variances from forecasts and liaise with budget holders and commercial managers as appropriate
- Manage Project Bank Account reporting to the Client and internally
- Liaise with Balfour Beattys accounting services team to ensure all project costs are recorded and accounted for correctly
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensure a focus on Zero Harm
Why work for us
- The individual will be a part qualified accountant, preferably with contracting or projects background.
- An eagerness to learn and develop. They should be able to work in a team and have the ability to be independent and objective, whilst maintaining effective relationships.
- Good attention to detail, a disciplined and organised approach to work and the ability to handle and work with complex data is required, along with good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel. They need to use these skills to ensure that they hit deadlines put in front of them.
- Experience in ERPs including Oracle is advantageous.
- Understand and implements appropriate controls to processes, procedure and reports.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on. About us
Balfour Beatty Highways delivers major schemes including smart motorway upgrade programmes, complex national infrastructure projects and regional investment programme works for National Highways. We have a strong orderbook and a positive pipeline of opportunities, we put our customer, the road user, at the heart of everything we do. We work safely, delivering net carbon reductions and social value to the communities within which we work.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business. To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.