More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Job Description: Assistant Manager, National Grants and Other Assurance Team
Location - Open/National (London/Birmingham/Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds/Bristol)
Position - Permanent
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking assistant managers with experience of local government to join our Grants and Other Assurance national team.
Grants Assurance is a specialist team with 30 members across the UK and India. As part of the team, you'll be managing assignments with public bodies, government departments, national services, commercial organisations and not for profit organisations such as Universities.
Let's talk about the job:
Here's a glimpse of what you'll experience with us:
- Hands on experience in the different aspects of Grants Assurance, with a variety of clients, from Local Authorities to multinational companies and Government bodies
- You'll get experience working on all kinds of assurance assignments that range from a few days to up to five weeks with work including examining financial records or carrying out audit procedures.
- Responsibility and the opportunity to take ownership for interesting and challenging client work.
- You'll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
- Working closely with colleagues to provide robust challenge and market leading insights to help clients meet their regulatory needs and business objectives.
The minimum criteria:
- We are looking for candidates with experience of working with local government and/or who are interested in the local government and keen to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Experience of delivering complex Housing Benefit assignments.
- Ability to work independently, summarise information from a wide range of sources to draw conclusions, and manage client relationships including senior officers.
The Grants and Other Assurance team has a national profile, and therefore we are not tied to candidates from a particular region.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together, and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right.
Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the
right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential. "We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for
everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
There's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work
matter. They can inspire, motivate, and energise you. Inside the office and out. So, if you'd like to work
flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do
our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.