We are recruitingfor a suitably experienced Accountant to join our professional client in Kilmarnock, on a permanent basis.
The candidate mustbe a good communicator and have an outgoing personality as the role will involve visiting and building good relationships with clients.
Applications from either fully qualified or unqualified candidates will be considered however, experience working within a professional accountancy firm is essential. Our client willprovide training on various aspects of accounts preparation on the accounting systemsthey use though, knowledge of SAGE & IRIS systems would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will assist with the preparation of year-end accounts for limited companies and unincorporated businesses. Duties will include:
- Posting records and/or trial balance to IRIS accounts package
- Analysing records on to excel where required
- Checking and reconciling bank accounts, debtors/creditors control accounts and VAT accounts.
- Liaising with clients regarding records, documents and queries arising from the processing of records for VAT returns.
- Completing disclosure checklists
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts for limited companies and unincorporated businesses (often involving visits to the clients premises)
- Performance of audit work including detailed substantive testing and analytical review
- Preparation of business tax computation for unincorporated businesses
- Preparation of corporation tax computation for limited companies
- Preparation of VAT returns for clients and filing of documents
- Filing of annual returns on companies house
- Bookkeeping work required in the preparation of accounts and to assist clients from time to time.
The role will suit someone who has at least five years relevant experience in a professional accountancy firm.
It would be desirable for the candidate to have a basic knowledge of FRS 102 Section 1A and FRS 105 for micro-entities.
The candidate must have a full driving licence and be able to travel to clients premises when required.
Excellent benefits available.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to be considered for the role, please send an updated copy of your CV to Coleen at GH Resourcing.