Trainee Fund Accountant - Private Equity
We are seeking a Trainee Fund Accountant, reporting to a Manager within the Private Equity Division, to have responsibility for the bookkeeping of fund accounts on a timely basis.
You will typically have the responsibility for the preparations of accurate portfolio valuations on a timely basis. You will typically be responsible for the accounting of a number of portfolios.
- Working with the Manager to ensure the completion of NAVs, Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Liaising with fund managers, brokers, and custodians to communicate information and resolve issues on a timely basis;
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Assisting the external auditors to ensure the audit function is executed on a timely and efficient basis;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual NAV's,
- Management accounts and IPD's;
- Preparation of annual statutory financials statements;
- Assisting with cash management and bank payments;
- Responsibility for all bookkeeping of clients in portfolio;
- Working with the manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs.
Skills / experience
- Commerce degree with:
- Financial Accounting 3
- Taxation 1
- Auditing 1 OR Internal Auditing 2 OR Internal Control & Code of Ethics
- Corporate Law 1 OR Commercial Law 2
- Management accounting;
- Proficient in MS Excel;
- Structural and detail orientated;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Motivated and driven;
- Financial sector and Fund knowledge will be a distinct advantage.