Build Your Career with an Industry Leader Named as One of the World's Best Employers by Forbes Grow your skills in diverse areas, enjoy a flexible hybrid schedule and earn exceptional benefits If you have strong technical knowledge of tax accounting, including SEC reporting, this position offers you some great opportunities. You will:
* *Expand your knowledge *across diverse topics in a constantly changing industry; for example, you'll learn about electric vehicle (EV) tax credits.
* *Build your career.* This could be a chance for a strong Senior Tax Accountant to step up to Assistant Manager. In addition, this position is open because the incumbent was promoted.
* Enjoy the *flexibility of a hybrid schedule*, once you are up to speed. We'll expect you to work in the office at least two days a week.
* Join one of the *world's most respected and recognized automotive brands*, and a Forbes rated "World's Best Employer" for several years.
* Earn *competitive compensation* ($91K to $131K, depending on experience), *bonus potential*, and an *outstanding benefits package* that includes a company car if eligible and attractive auto lease plans for employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Tax, you will oversee a team of four Tax Accountants and manage quarterly income tax provision and reporting, annual tax return preparation and other direct tax tasks to be filed on time and accurately.
Relocation assistance may be available to highly qualified candidates. To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Manager, Income Tax opportunity, you will have:
* A bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting.
* A CPA certificate.
* 7+ years of tax experience in a large CPA firm or medium to large size multi-state corporation, including SEC reporting.
* Working knowledge of ASC740/FIN48.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and electronic tax research application (we use RIA Checkpoint).
*American Honda Finance Corporation (AHFC),* and our consolidated subsidiaries (including Honda Financial Services and Acura Financial Services) provide various forms of financing in the United States and Canada to purchasers, lessees and authorized independent dealers of Honda and Acura products. We finance Honda and Acura automobiles, as well as Honda motorcycles, power equipment, and marine engines. AHFC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., a global corporation that regularly ranks in the top 50 on Fortune's list of the World's Most Admired Companies.