Auz Taxation Pty Ltd specializing in providing expert business, accounting, taxation, and financial advice Australia wide. We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and qualified full-time Accountant reporting to the owner. The successful applicant must be proficient communicator, able to provide our clients and suppliers with a high standard of service and quality financial reporting. The position will service a portfolio of various clients and join a supportive and collaborative team.
• Preparation of financial statements, income tax returns, and business activity statements.
• Work with the CEO and Senior Management to influence and establish strategic plans for the Company.
• Develop insightful dashboard reporting platforms for the benefit of multiple stakeholders aimed at driving accountability across the organization.
• Monitor the progress of the group's strategic goals to ensure financial targets are being met.
• Work with the finance team to ensure reporting to Senior Management is the most efficient for effective decision making.
• Develop and implement robust risk and compliance practices to protect the personnel and physical assets of the organization.
• Maintain relationships with key commercial partners.
• Examine the group ownership structure and participate in establishing that the structure is appropriate for the group's future plans.
• In conjunction with the CEO, develop results-focused strategies aimed at growing the business's market share in its various sectors.
• Develop the required business modelling of all growth opportunities to provide sufficient information that the team is confident in the decisions it makes about pursuing individual opportunities and that can then flow into the budgeting/ management system going forward
• Oversee audit and preparation of annual financial statements.
• Participate in establishing annual budgets, cash flows, and balance sheets. Overview monthly results including reporting on all costs over budget, participate with management to control all costs to ensure that we have the highest productivity at the lowest cost.
• Work closely with the internal team from associate to Partner from planning to fieldwork.
• End to end planning and execution of the External Audit for various clients, both private and listed companies.
• Using your analytical skills to analyse the client's financial statements and ensures they adhere to the.
• Preparation of complete and accurate audit work papers.
• Working in a team environment to help meet deadlines and ensure our key deliverables are met.
• Coach and mentor junior members in the team.
• Anticipate client concerns and pro-actively take steps to manage these.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings.
• Ability to accurately interpret taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings.
• Confidence to advise clients based on sound knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness to learn, show initiative and be a positive "team player".
• Positive and happy attitude.
• Highest standard of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Tertiary Accounting Qualifications.
• Excellent use of Word, Excel, outlook, zero and MYOB.
• Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in the preparation of financial statements and tax returns.
• Excellent knowledge of taxation legislation.
• Solid interpersonal skills for communicating concepts.
• Good project and time management skills - ability to handle. multiple priorities and projects, organize work and meet deadlines.
• Collaborative and consultative approach with working with diverse stakeholders from Associates up to Partners.
• The confidence to problem solves business risk and testing.