Opportunity Available!! Our leading client in the Business Development sector is looking to employ a Senior Manager: Investment Promotions to join their dynamic team in East London. Strategic Planning and Governance:
- Provide input to the organisational strategy, as well as reviewing organisational activities and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Develop unit operational plans and align all activities undertaken in the unit to ensure delivery of corporate objectives.
- Enhance and implement treasury regulation systems, processes, procedures, tools, and control systems.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual reports are prepared accurately, maintained, and submitted timeously to all stakeholders.
- Implement controls within the section which minimize potential risk to stakeholders.
- Manage preparation and support of all internal and external audits.
- Participate in management forums within the company, contributing expertise to enable sound decision making.
- Facilitate departmental communication through appropriate structures and systems.
- Develop and manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an up-to date pipeline of strategic investment projects for the Eastern Cape province
- Develop of professionally published profiles for promotion locally and globally
- Promote the Eastern Cape as an attractive investment destination and provide support to new investment initiatives.
- Provide advice to investors on investment opportunities in the province as well as facilitate investment.
- Develop proposals on innovative strategies for investment attraction and retention
- Organise and undertake foreign investment missions.
- Facilitate advertisement of investment opportunities in media platforms trade publications and journals.
- Participate and represent the company in key industry events.
- Facilitate collaboration on provincial investment and branding initiatives.
- Host foreign and local incoming investors.
- Conduct workshops on Ease of Doing Business in the EC
- Facilitate partnerships between established and emerging investors
- Collaborate on One Stop Shop / InvestSA investment related initiatives
Provincial Investment Council Coordination:
- Identify investment opportunities and develop a business case
- Conduct research to formulate sound value propositions and inform decision making.
- Conduct research & package information for investors
- Provide input on National and Provincial policies and legislation
- Lobby for policies conducive to investment promotion and economic development
- Present research outputs of various platforms / forums.
- Facilitate technical evaluations and assessment, financial viability evaluation and funding mechanisms options analysis for investment projects.
- Lead the secretariat activities for the Eastern Cape Provincial Investment Council
- Write and distribute project reports.
- Initiate publication of success stories.
- Initiate publication of project specific brochures.
- Financial management of initiatives
Budget Management of Unit:
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and relationship building sessions for purposes of establishing expectations and feedback on the company performance.
- Liaise and build partnerships with business chambers, IDZ's, DTIC and other relevant stakeholders to facilitate investment promotion
- Build and lead an effective team that works collaboratively with others toward achieving organisational goals.
- Provide advice and support to the CEO, Board and Senior Management team in relation to stakeholder engagement issues and activities.
- Arrange, attend, and contribute to meetings with key stakeholders and manage expectations
- Manage, control the capital and operational budget of the Unit to ensure effective and efficient functioning within budgetary constraints of the company.
- Evaluate the unit's performance against the approved budget and addressing deviations/variances.
- Monitor, recommend and implement corrective measures to rectify deviations/acts contrary to budgetary provisions, financial regulations, audit requirements and departmental procedures.
- Authorise requisitions, payments, etc. regarding expenditure as delegated.
- Prepare and present reports detailing the status of expenditure and availability of funds for current and short-term interventions.
- Prepare budget transfer requests and submit for approval.
- Sound planning and forecasting of capital expenditure within area of responsibility.
- Drive functional area financial and supply chain management administration and risk management.
- Assign responsibilities and ensure effective task authorisation protocols are in place.
- Implement staff development and training to achieve overall organisational objectives.
- Develop and implement succession plans.
- Adhere to employment equity and recruitment policies.
- Manage the performance of direct and indirect reports in accordance with the companies performance management policy and procedure.
- Identify training and development needs, implementing plans to address requirements, as appropriate.
- Manage discipline and absenteeism in accordance with organizational codes and procedures.
- Motivate staff through the implementation of various reward mechanisms.
- Gauge the performance of various teams and recommend areas that need improvement and changes to achieve the expected targets.
- Identify and facilitate staff development and training interventions to achieve overall organisational objectives.
- A B Degree in Commerce as well as postgraduate qualification in a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience of which 5 years should be at middle management or senior consultant level within trade or investment management/facilitation environment