Our client is seeking a Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
to join their team, based in East London.Duties:-
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING
- Maintain accurate sets of accounts / bank reconciliations.
- Accurate reconciliation of control accounts.
- Monitor & ensure that a high standard of financial hygiene is maintained in all accounting practices.
- Ensure all data capturing is done accurately and on time and all deadlines are met.
- Interact effectively with management and communicate any operational problems to management immediately to ensure that there is follow up and problems are resolved.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures as communicated by management.
- Ensure accurate and up to date processing of daily required reports.
- Deal with all creditor queries and interact with suppliers to ensure that creditor recons are clean.
- Ensure accurate processing of invoices by data capturers and the timeous authorization of invoices by management.
- Capture sundry invoices and ensure complete and accurate payment of creditors on the due dates.
- Compile accurate creditor's reconciliations before doing any creditor payments.
- Prepare the necessary paperwork for supplier payments and ensure accounts are paid timeously, taking any discount if relevant.
- Ensure communication with management and that policies and procedures, as communicated by management, are adhered to.
- Ensure that, if required, only valid journals are posted and approved by management.
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as and when required by management.
- Liaise with different personnel, as is required, to prevent delays and on-time delivery.
- Ensure knowledge of company's Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensure high quality standards of work are always adhered to.
- Prepare and Process Payroll timesheets.
- Matric or equivalent
- Relevant qualification and experience
- Computer literate (MS Office, Palladium, Omni)
- Minimum of 3 years' Accounting related experience
- Minimum 2 years' Commercial experience
Email your updated CV and supporting documentation to [Email Address Removed]. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.Desired Skills:
- Commercial Experience
- Human Resources
- Microsoft Office