Main purpose of the job:
Location:Key performance areas:
- To lead the provision of effective operational support services to all staff and sites, specifically in the areas of financial management, donor liaison, and organizational administration
Required minimum education and training:
- Ensure adherence to the financial policies and procedures
- Effective review and timeously approval of purchase orders on the WHC portal ensuring the P2P complies with the financial policies of WHC
- Effective review and timeously approval of supplier payments on the WHC portal ensuring the payment complies with the financial policies of WHC
- Effective review and approval of general ledger entries, journal entries, audit files, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Effective management of accounting support staff
- Budget preparation and management
- Provide financial advice
- Compile accurate and comprehensive financial and commercial donor reports
- Liaison with all relevant stakeholders
- Effective compliance with donor requirements
- Reconciliation and analysis of debtors and effective management of debtors age analysis; resolve accounting issues identified during reconciliation
- Prepare detailed and complex financial analyses of assigned accounts, to be used both internally and externally
- Effective self-management
Required minimum work experience:
- BCom Accounting or equivalent
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of financial reporting experience in a commercial, laboratory, healthcare, or donor-funded environment
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization/NGO will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially advanced Excel and accounting package is desirable
- Must have a dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with clients, donors, and staff at all levels
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- The environment may at times be busy and need excellent management skills and attention to details
- May be required to work overtime and to travel to various sites
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) will be required
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 06 December 2023.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
About The Employer:
- Computer Skills
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited ("WHC") is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof. Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution