Your Title: APAC Accountant
Job Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Reporting to: APAC Accounting Manager
Division: Finance, APAC Region
If you are a qualified accounting professional, looking for new challenges as part of a global and US public corporation, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
What You Will Do
As Trimble's APAC Accountant, you will use your technical knowledge to ensure financial accounts are accurate. You will work on various projects and provide direct support to the APAC Accounting Manager.
You will be responsible for processing accounting transactions, compiling and analysing financial reports, following internal controls, being a key contact for annual audits, and performing various ad hoc analyses.
In this role, you will have exposure to all aspects of the accounting cycle, and as part of a high-performing team you need to be a team player. You will have a solid understanding of accounting principles and processes, internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurately complete monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes for multiple entities within the Asia Pacific (APAC) group
- Prepare journal entries, working papers, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Review balance sheet reconciliations completed by administrative accountants
- Guide and train administrative accountants
- Calculate Global Lease Accounting transactions and research and conclude on complex transactions
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Lead annual financial audits for APAC entities.
What Skills & Experience You Should Bring
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Efficient to effectively meet tight deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to analyse data and present conclusions/recommendations to others
- Ability to identify and execute continuous improvement.
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualified CA
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Experience in commercial accounting is an asset
- Experience with Oracle ERP system is an asset
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP is an asset.
About Your Location
Based at Trimble's main campus in Christchurch, New Zealand, you will love our outstanding culture, and will appreciate our excellent employee benefits including a discretionary bonus, medical and life insurance, an active social club, an on-site gym, fitness programmes, and more. And while we're talking, ask us about our generous Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
While we do allow some flexibility, we value onsite collaboration, therefore ideally, this is an on-site position in our Christchurch, New Zealand office.
At Trimble, you'll find the inspiration and opportunity to be yourself and thrive. The global community of Team Trimble, including more than 400 people in New Zealand, is passionate about bringing new ideas and innovations to life and building a better, more sustainable future.
Please Note: Only applicants legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.
About Our Trimble New Zealand Finance Group
This position is part of the APAC Finance Team which covers entities in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, and Thailand. As part of a global company, we regularly connect with accounting staff around the world.
Trimble's Inclusiveness Commitment
We believe in celebrating our differences. That is why our diversity is our strength. To us, that means actively participating in opportunities to be inclusive. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion have guided our current success while also moving our desire to improve. We actively seek to add members to our community who represent our customers and the places we live and work.
We have programs in place to make sure our people are seen, heard, and welcomed and most importantly that they know they belong, no matter who they are or where they are coming from.