Your new company
Have been a reputable insurance firm for over 100 years, offering exceptional results. They have grown to become a leading independent specialist insurance broking firm, both operating internationally and at Lloyd's. As a company, in the last few years, they have undergone considerable growth and offers a brilliant opportunity to join a company on an upward trajectory.
Your new role
Is a fantastic opportunity within the finance team for a senior treasury manager. This role is responsible for cash, interest rate and foreign exchange risk management. Maximising the value of cash by providing expert guidance on the optimal ways of driving cash out of the business and investing this for future growth. Leading decision-making to minimise our interest rate and foreign exchange exposures. As well as continually driving efficiency within the Treasury function and proactively improving cashflow forecasting. The key factors for the role will involve:
Cash & Liquidity
- Manage top down cashflow forecasting, to give insight in funding requirements on a global and regional level and manage overall Total Borrowings.
- Preparation and analysis of weekly cashflow reports for Finance Management.
- Monitoring cash balances around the group and maximising value by using excess cash to enable further investment for growth or debt reductions.
- Active involvement with investments around the group and providing recommendations on funding any M&A activity.
- Management of banking systems and drawdowns/repayments on debt facilities.
- Maximising returns on interest income by continuous monitoring of the best rates of return with our various banking providers.
Interest rate exposure
- Leading decision-making to minimise our interest rate exposure.
- Providing recommendations to the business on interest rate hedging requirements relative to external borrowing.
- Continuous monitoring of the market for interest rate fluctuations and how this will impact cashflows.
- Forecasting interest costs on external debt facilities and managing expectations around leverage.
Foreign Exchange exposure
- Provide strong technical expertise to ensure optimal management of foreign exchange exposure in line with FX hedging policy.
- Continuous monitoring of FX hedging requirements to ensure we are participating in FX markets to smooth our effect FX rate.
- Working closely with the business to propose hedging levels and managing forecast cashflow.
- Oversight/responsibility for FX deals and the production of the related Board report updates.
- Review, challenge and streamline Treasury processes.
- Review new and different ways to manage forecasting which best support the continued growth of the business.
- Management of the group's relationships with banks and other lenders to ensure ongoing compliance with facility agreements.
- Manage the performance of direct reports, ensuring staff have clear objectives, regular PDRs and receive feedback on performance
- Adhere to and meet fully the expectations of the Company, as set out in its policies and procedures, training material, and embedded in its systems and controls.
- Comply with any external rules and requirements imposed on individuals performing their role at the Company, such as Lloyd's byelaws and FCA rules.
- Promote the Company's brand and values to enhance the Company's reputation in the market
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.