We are seeking an Assistant Manager, reporting
to a Manager within the Alternative Asset Services Division of Apex, to have responsibility for the administration and overseeing the accounting of a client portfolio. Also, including the development and mentoring of the more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer service. Working closely with the lead relationship manager and Director to provide quality and efficient services to all customers within the portfolio.
- Be responsible for managing a client portfolio including all aspects of administration & overseeing the accounting aspects;
- Supervise and mentor a number of junior staff members, some of whom would typically be studying towards professional qualifications;
- Working with the Manager and Director to ensure the planning, coordination and completion of NAVs;
- Management Reporting and Statutory Reporting of corporate entities to ensure the team complies with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations and requirements including listing requirements and client reporting;
- Preparation and implementation of entity customer specific procedures in relation to the administration and reporting requirements;
- Act as point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of audits and assisting with and running audits for clients;
- Ensuring reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements including local law, relevant GAAP or IFRS and other reporting principals and
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively and
- Ensure that client responsibilities are managed effectively.
Skills / experience:
- Professional qualification - CA(S) or equivalent;
- Minimum one year post articles experience;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the fund industry;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Legal and regulatory requirements for example Anti-Money Laundering laws etc.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and meet strict deadlines;
- Motivated and driven;
- Fund related accounting experience will be an advantage;
- Private Debt, Capital Markets, Real Assets or Private Equity knowledge will be a distinct advantage.