Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
Paymentology is looking for a Senior Accountant and Financial Processes Specialist with significant Cost Accounting and Reporting experience to support the business growth across multiple geographies and deliver best-in-class financial insight, processes and governance for the future.
What you get to do:
You will be responsible for parts of the Paymentology financial routine and play a leadership role in creating structured processes for cost allocation with the use of automation and systems, for effective reporting and controls. The preferred candidate will be experienced, able to adapt to change, and someone who enjoys working within a dynamic fast paced environment. This role will suit someone with a strong work ethic, who is looking to make an immediate impact on an exciting growth-stage company.
In other words, you will:
- Support and lead parts of the monthly closing process
- Prepare relevant financial statements, reconciliations and supporting documents in connection with audit process and reporting.
- Have accountability for reliable financial statements as per applicable accounting standards
- Develop processes and allocations rationale to effectively analyze and allocate costs across business lines and cost centers on a monthly basis
- Prepare relevant cost reconciliations and cost reports to support the management of the business and to support cost centre owners decision-making
- Propose automation solutions to improve financial processes, controls and statutory and management reporting monthly cadence across multiple jurisdictions
Overall Finance and Process Improvements:
- Analyse and diagnose existing financial processes and propose improvements to governance, controls and efficiency in the finance function, across geographies
- Drive automation initiatives of processes to facilitate faster and more efficient delivery of reporting, closing and audit across the Paymentology businesses.
- Support the development of a single chart of accounts and unified cost centers structures, for efficient management of the business and cost reporting.
- Constantly analyze available automation solutions available in the market and elaborate the business case to justify the implementation of new processes and systems.
What it takes to succeed:
We are looking for individuals with an analytical mindset and a vision for the future, as well as someone who has strong communication skills to develop partnerships within the wider group.
Successful candidates should possess the below:
- Accounting qualification with a strong academic record with either a PA (SA), AGA (SA) or CIMA professional designation.
- Proven experience in management and statutory accounts reporting and audit
- Strong cost accounting and reporting practical experience, in particular designing and implementing new processes from scratch
- Previous examples of driving efficiency and automation to financial and accounting processes and reporting
- Previous practical experience with UK accounting, payroll and tax is desirable
- Sage Intacct ERP (and modules) experience preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large datasets and modeling skills (pivot tables, filtering, lookups etc)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both written and oral), preferably with commercial exposure in previous roles
- Project management skills, to manage internal and external teams to drive implementation of systems and processes
- Strong attention to detail, yet also showing ability to surface the key material issues
- Proven self-starter with experience in being able to work independently, hands-on, focused on delivering outcomes and results, juggling and prioritizing across workloads and consistently meeting deadline
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.