In a nutshell
Simple Machines is looking for a part-time Assistant Accountant to join our tight knit team, yet globally distributed team of technologists building cutting edge products at the intersection of data and artificial intelligence.
This would be an amazing role for someone that is either looking to return to work or wanting a fulfilling part-time role within accounting within our amazing Christchurch offices.
We're keen on finding a genuine ‘people person' with a strong ownership mindset to see tasks through. If you're right for us, you'll be looking to get stuck into a role where you can make a real impact and learn from an experienced leadership team.The Important stuff
Working hours: This is a part-time office-based role, approximately 20 hours per week. The role will involve some liaising with international offices and our Australian based Director of Finance.
Prior Experience: You would have gained advanced accounting skills while working within an agile/high-performing culture.
Other Benefits: Lunch provided three days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), Friday evening drinks and regular team events.
Location: Christchurch based.About you
This role will suit someone who is commercially minded, is a self-starter and can work and solve problems autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You will be comfortable working with accounting packages like Xero and/or MYOB. Your passion for numbers has turned in to a career and you have gained up to 10 years' experience in accounting. You will bring a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
About the role
- Must reside in Christchurch and hold a valid full NZ working rights.
- Have at least 5-10 years' experience in accounting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance or accounting.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to build rapport with key stakeholders within the business.
The Assistant Accountant will support our Director of Finance with the day-to-day financial affairs of Simple Machines. You will be responsible for the administrative duties of all areas of finance including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit card reporting.Responsibilities
About Simple Machines
- Support with the day to day, monthly and annual accounting activities.
- Process accounts receivable invoicing and all related tasks for the Group on a fortnightly basis. This includes maintaining our time sheeting system to ensure submission deadlines have been met.
- Process accounts payable invoicing and all related tasks for the Group on a regular basis.
- Process and reconcile all company credit cards and staff reimbursements for the Group, ensuring payment due dates are met.
- Assist with the reconciliation of accounts.
- Provide back up support when the Financial Controller is on leave.
- Support the Financial Controller with administrative support as requested.
Simple Machines isn't your typical tech company. Rather, we're a firm of passionate and talented expert consultants that are as much a community as a company.
When we set out to make a difference nearly 10 years ago, we did so because we weren't happy with the status quo of technology consultancies. We wanted to build a company we would want to hire ourselves. And we've done just that.
At the core of our company is a team of talented individuals, many of whom are at the top of their field. We regularly present at local and international conferences, committing to many of the open-source projects we utilise in our day-to-day engagements and release many other projects back to the broader technology community.Requirements
"Please note that we can only consider applications from individuals with the legal right to work in the country specified in the job listing. Unless otherwise stated."