Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be partnering with a key client in the Telford area as they look to appoint a Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
The business has seen tremendous growth in recent years, organically and through acquisition, and are now regarded as one of the leaders in their industry. With some exciting plans in place moving forward, an opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to join their strong finance team.
Your new role
Reporting into an excellent Group Finance Director, you will assume responsibility for the finance function of the core trading businesses of the Group.
Key duties will include:
- Managing and overseeing all company accounts
- Monitoring cashflow ensuring regular transactional reporting
- Developing monthly and annual financial reporting
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Propose and implement improvements to the accounting systems
- Scrutinising financial data and reports for discrepancies, ensuring accuracy of the accounts
- Adhering to government legislations and coordinating audit checks for compliance
- Liaising with auditors at year-end
- Statutory accounts preparation and reporting
- Presenting accounting data to the Finance Director and other stakeholders within the business
- Managing the transactional finance team and overseeing the accounts
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant. Preferably having trained from practice and have been involved in audits.
If the candidate is not from a practice background, then they will have worked in a medium-sized SME and have experience of year-end accounting as well as liaising with auditors to answer any queries.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available; 25 days holiday + stats, hybrid working (2 days at home, 3 days in the office) and a salary of £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.