Finance Business Partner - Stores
Mitre 10 has been a part of New Zealand's home improvement culture since 1974. An award-winning success story, inspiring Kiwi to love where they live, work and play with our home improvement, garden and trade offer.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join our Albany based Support Centre as Finance Business Partner - Stores.
As part of our Finance team, you will work closely with various departments and stakeholders within the organization to provide financial insights, analysis, and support. Your primary focus will be to act as a strategic advisor to your portfolio of stores, helping them make informed decisions to manage the performance of their stores.
Reporting to the Finance Manager your key functions will include:
- Financial Analysis: Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement. Provide accurate and timely financial reports, forecasts, and projections to support decision-making processes.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with department heads to develop annual budgets and periodic forecasts. Monitor actual performance against budgeted targets and explain variances.
- Business Performance Review: Provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Decision Support: Advise member and/or their team on financial performance and areas of opportunity. Assist in evaluating the financial viability and potential risks. Provide support between initiatives flowing from support centre to the store to ensure financial planning and benefits are realised.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Build strong relationships with budget owners, and other stakeholders, providing financial insights and acting as a trusted partner in decision-making processes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience as a Finance Business Partner or in a similar financial analysis role.
- A qualified accountant (CAANZ, CPA, CIMA) with up-to-date knowledge and relevant management accounting experience.
- Ability to present complex financial information in a clear and understandable manner to non-financial stakeholders.
We are a team moving forward and that is a result of our motivated, skilled team members. There is an attractive remuneration package for this role, generous staff buying privileges, life insurance, discounted medical insurance, birthday day off, flexible working and more.
If you are a highly motivated individual who is passionate about being part of the Mitre 10 team and a company in growth mode, then we want to hear from you. Please provide your CV, including your remuneration expectations, via this website.