Are you looking for a new challenge in the finance sector? Do you have experience in managing budgets, preparing accounts, and ensuring compliance? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for the Temporary Finance Manager role I'm recruiting for at a Leeds based public sector organisation.
This is a temporary role starting as soon as possible. The salary range is £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending on experience.
This role will require you to work closely with the Head of Finance to develop and implement the annual business plan for the Finance department. You will also be responsible for a range of duties, including:
- Maintaining accurate and up to date financial records, such as payments, income, payroll, VAT, and fixed assets.
- Preparing, monitoring and reporting on budgets and forecasts.
- Producing monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts that are accurate and timely.
- Ensuring effective management of creditor payments and debtor receipts.
- Preparing and submitting various analyses, returns and claims, such as VAT analysis.
- Managing cash, banking and cash collections, and forecasting cash flow on a regular basis.
- Reconciling bank accounts and income records.
- Preparing audit schedules and liaising with auditors.
- Ensuring payroll records are input correctly, and pension deductions are calculated.
- Implementing checks to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing a team.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting standards, principles and practices.
- Strong IT skills, especially in Excel and accounting software.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.