AGRICULTURE SPECIALIST: ORIGINATION - BLOEMFONTEIN
POSITION TYPE Permanent
CLOSING DATE 23 November 2023
SALARY R 800 522 CTC Per Annum
To provide a professional agriculture, economics and technical specialist service to support the Province to effectively evaluating the business case viability of financing customers, including conducting on-site visits to familiarise the Bank with the business operations in which the Bank will be investing its funds, with the additional objective of minimizing potential risks and financial losses. Provide ongoing technical advice to the provincial team to ensure the submission of high-quality of applications
- A relevant 3-year qualification in Agriculture or an equivalent
- 5 years experience in Agricultural Extension Services or
- 5 years experience in Agricultural businesses, a Co-op, or similar organisations
JOB DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES
Specialist Inputs into Business Case Viability
- Provide specialist support to Commercial Bankers to enable the structuring of appropriate financial solutions and feasible transactions.
- Complete and submit detailed reports as part of a comprehensive assessment of potential business transactions, including
- As part of the assessment process, undertake amongst others:
- Determine the development phase of the farming venture and conditions of the infrastructure, management skills, topography, accessibility, development potential of the farm, grazing component and carrying capacity and any other relevant general conditions.
- Responsible for conducting the required valuation of the entity's assets through an on-site visit to the business property to evaluate the viability of financing customers, based on the strength of their assets.
- Inspect crops on the land and calculate the net realization and impact on financial position.
- Determine the realizable value of movable assets Identify and locate security offered.
- Determine the value of buildings and other improvements and contribution towards production value
- Calculate the production value and related loan value based on the information gathered.
- Determine the justification of applicants' financing requests.
- Make recommendations regarding the merit of financing requests, the appropriate terms and conditions.
- Provincial Agricultural Knowledge Database and Knowledge Sharing
- Collect, process, and package information within the allocated area of responsibility, including amongst others, the determination of the following:o Market value of property
- o Production costs
- o Establishment costs
- o Profit margins
- o Produce prices
- o Market trends
- o Economic patterns
- o Potential of land
- Keep the database up to date as appropriate and share at a divisional level
- Contribute information to the national agricultural specialists' database
- Ensure availability and access to identified users.
- Transfer knowledge to the team to empower them in understanding the technical context. Customer and Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Build, foster, and maintain consistent, effective and strong relationships with key role players and strengthen relationships with the potential to secure new business opportunities for the bank.
- Participate in agriculture events in the province, and contribute to research and insights as a subject matter specialist respected by peers in the industry.
- Represent the Company in appropriate forums and events as appropriate.
- Ensure that all stakeholders remain aware of the value of the products, the processes and principles related to agricultural financing within the company environment.
- Stay up to date with provincial initiatives and developments and strengthen the relationship to assess further business opportunities to promote term mutually beneficial relationships
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge / Experience of financial and business analytical principles, tools and systems
- Property Valuation Principles
- Agricultural Economics
- Risk Management Principles
- Lending / Credit Assessment Principles
- Financial and Business Acumen
Desired Work Experience: Desired Qualification Level:
- Agricultural Extension Services
- Business Case viability