The Accounting Manager supports and collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to manage the company's accounting department in all aspects of accounting, finance and information technology including providing accurate and timely financial reports. He or she must demonstrate excellent management and supervisory skills, communication, budget and financial aptitude, and customer service acumen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the financial and operational performance of the department in conjunction with the CFO including identifying areas for improvement and offering suggestions to improve efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
- Create, prepare and analyze complex accounting, financial, administrative, and budget reports using various computer software programs including Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Supervise, review and participate in monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including the preparation of journal entries leading up to the preparation and review of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP and reporting on budget variances.
- Follow established policies and procedures and accounting guidelines including monitoring and ensuring compliance; track and complete all federal, state, and local permits, licenses, tax filings, collection & payments, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Mentor and develop team members in coordination with the CFO by creating clear and measurable goals that lead to success of the employee and the company and by managing performance in accordance with Fripp Island Resort policies, values, and business practices.
- Participate in the recruiting and training of department personnel.
- Engage with Owners, their Executive Management, government officials and legal and other professional representatives of the Company as support for various projects including real estate transactions and other acquisitions.
- Communicate and cooperate with all levels of management and staff, vendors, and owners in a professional, courteous manner with a team-work attitude.
- Manage the department’s relationship within the Company while ensuring that appropriate action is taken to resolve and address service issues.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with resort, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Keep abreast of current industry trends and standards by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information and applying knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform administrative and other duties as assigned and necessary including those involving banking, leases, loans, audits, inventory and information technology.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 3 years of management level accounting experience recommended.
- Experience in resort-orientated property management or hospitality industry is preferred. Organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task with an attitude of gracious hospitality. Professional and cooperative demeanor with effective conflict resolution and follow up skills. Solid experience in budget monitoring, month end close, financial statement preparation and financial review and analysis. Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office programs and general computer use.
- Able to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Reliable transportation is required. Valid driver’s license, criminal background check, and drug screening required.
- This position requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time and to lift up to 25 lbs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education with a range starting at $90,000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Fripp Island Golf and Beach Resort is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy.