A Professional services consultancy has an opportunity for a Financial modeller to join their specialist team to solve a wide range of complex problems for their clients across accounting, financial reporting, modelling and financial operations. Their client base ranges from fast-growing private-equity-backed businesses through to listed companies and large multinational groups. What all their clients have in common is a high degree of complexity in their financial world. The business prides itself on its collaborative customer approach and forming an extension of their client's finance teams when they are under the most pressure.
Reporting to the Business Directors you will be working on a portfolio of clients with a diverse range of financial reporting and modelling requirements. As part of this role, you will:
- Lead on the completion of client project work, which includes planning and developing financial models for the use in forecasting, business planning and accounting requirements
- Maintain a high level of technical and business knowledge to provide our clients with meaningful insights into the key assumptions and outputs of their models
- Contribute to projects being completed by the financial accounting and reporting team, including model-building for group consolidations, share-based payment and acquisition accounting
- Review modelling work prepared by more junior members of the team and provide relevant feedback to identify future training needs
- Coach and delegate to others team members
- Maintain clear and regular communication with clients as one of their key contacts on each project
- Regularly update the senior engagement team of project status and schedule all required senior team reviews of client deliverables
- Build sustainable working relationships with clients, understand their businesses and where the business can support them in achieving their goals
What you need to succeed
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification or equivalent
- Practical experience of building, reviewing and amending financial models, and presenting the results to stakeholders
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to produce complex models
- Practical experience with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting frameworks
- Understanding of cash and working capital cycles
- Strong numeracy skills and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Well-developed organisational skills and experience of undertaking projects from planning to completion
- A track record of establishing and maintaining meaningful working relationships, both with internal colleagues and external customers
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment that promotes open communication
- Experience of coaching and delegating to more junior members of the team effectively
- Confidence in challenging yourself and others to complete high quality technical documentation.
What you get in Return
The business is passionate about providing their team with opportunities to continuously develop. This role comes with an abundance of opportunity for professional development.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys the technical challenge and variety of work associated with audit, and who is now looking for greater flexibility, a better work-life balance, and an exciting opportunity to help build the future of a fast-growing firm. Excellent benefits package including 27 days holiday.
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.