A Professional services consultancy has an opportunity for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join their specialist team to solve a wide range of complex problems for their clients across accounting, financial reporting, modelling and financial operations. Their client base ranges from fast-growing private-equity-backed businesses through to listed companies and large multinational groups. What all their clients have in common is a high degree of complexity in their financial world. The business prides itself on its collaborative customer approach and forming an extension of their clients finance teams when they are under the most pressure.
Reporting to the Business Directors your role will include :
- Leading on the completion of client project work which includes the identification of issues, analysis of data, articulation of findings and the ability to draw informed conclusions
- Review and prepare financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS, including supporting schedules such as consolidations and cashflow statements
- Review work prepared by more junior members of the team and provide relevant feedback to identify future training needs
- Support the senior engagement team in ensuring each client project has sufficient resources assigned
- Build sustainable working relationships with clients, understand their businesses and where you can support them in achieving their goals
- Coach and delegate to others where appropriate, to provide learning opportunities and deliver client projects in an efficient manner
What you need to succeed
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification or equivalent
- Strong practical experience with IFRS and UK GAAP reporting frameworks
- The ability to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules such as group consolidations.
- Experience of writing & presenting technical papers and reports
- Experience of coaching and delegating to junior members of the team
- Well-developed organisational skills and experience of undertaking client projects from planning to completion
- A track record of establishing and maintaining meaningful working relationships, both with internal colleagues and external customers
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment that promotes open communication
- Strong experience of Microsoft 365 would be beneficial along with strong Excel skills
What you get in Return
The business is passionate about providing their team with opportunities to continuously develop. This role comes with an abundance of opportunity for professional development.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys the technical challenge and variety of work associated with audit, and who is now looking for greater flexibility, a better work-life balance, and an exciting opportunity to help build the future of a fast-growing firm. Excellent benefits package including 27 days holiday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.