This role is responsible for achieving agreed revenue and NBQ targets by developing new and repeat business opportunities from existing and new customers. This role is also responsible for developing strong relationships with clients and connecting with key business executives and stakeholders to communicate the company value proposition.
The Account Manager will be responsible for identifying, scoping, designing, and executing strategic consulting projects and solutions to high value corporate clients. Responsibility includes understanding the client's strategic needs and goals, setting direction for the client, identifying opportunities for the strategic deployment of Experian's products and services both to new and existing clients.
An Account Manager should exhibit the ability to identify and develop new opportunities and expand new relationships within their Clients in order to build on new revenue streams. The AM is therefore primarily required to identify and position Experian's offering to "new-to-book" as well as existing clients and will be expected to acquire new as well as maintain existing revenue from their portfolio as part of the Tier 1 Account team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Experian's proposition and be able to articulate this in the context of client need
- Protect and enhance client and other external relationships
- Responsibility for NPS results and action plans
- Assist in managing client debt
- Validate Engagement Plan with Clients
- Carry out Portfolio planning and set out mitigation strategy as appropriate
- Plan, maintain and execute Account Plans - this includes a plan for revenue growth, contact strategy and Experian team roles and responsibilities.
- Manage opportunities through the Sales Process from Identification through Qualify, Propose, Commit and Contract - as per SalesForce.
- Build and maintain account plan to support revenue goals and objectives
- Validate account plan with client
- Build and implement effective contact strategy
- Carry out SWOT Analysis
- Identify cross/upsell opportunities
- Identify account team / cross-functional resources to input to Account Plan Objectives
- Research and demonstrate a deep knowledge of the structure of the organisations
- Manage contract renewal process
- Co-ordinate relevant resources for legal and commercial negotiation
Sales Process Management
- Carry out strong opportunity pipeline and forecast management
- Manage the forecast cycles as per Experian's financial cycles through the CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Input CRM solution as a single source of truth
- Manage opportunities and co-ordination of resources and status updates through CRM tool
- CRM data quality custodian - as the originator of opportunity data the onus is on the AM to enter accurate information into the CRM because it will be consumed by the rest of the business for forecasting and other planning and reporting activities
- Develop, maintain and action a clear new business development strategy that assists in meeting and exceeding Experian's growth targets.
- Contribute to and comply with Experian's business development tracking and monitoring frameworks.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities within existing client relationships in collaboration with existing engagement managers.
- Identify and drive opportunities for Experian's services and solutions with new client prospects.
- Assess, qualify and evaluate new business opportunities to ensure commercial viability.
- Negotiate and close business development opportunities.
- Drive revenue generating activity from concept to completion.
- Responsible for the full sales cycle for new and existing clients
- Champion new product development through the identification of market appetite and revenue generating opportunities and communicate such requests to the Product team
Experian collaboration, knowledge and brand
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of our products and services
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Experian organisation
- Demonstrate knowledge of the go to market plan
- Present proposals which demonstrate 'thinking out of the box' to position services
- Research Experian solutions and their value propositions
- Understand Experian's competitor landscape
- Understand any relevant regulatory impacts on Experian and our Clients
- Live' the Experian Brand through Digital Selling / Social Platforms
- Communicate Experian Vision in all internal and external interactions
Broad Market Knowledge
- Cultivate a curious and innovative mindset
- Identify internal stakeholders
- Have a broad knowledge of the market and our competitors
- Build broader knowledge into presentations to customers
- Relevant degree/diploma
- Credit Bureau Industry experience
- 7-10 years sales experience
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here