Your new role
As a Payroll Assistant, you will be processing upwards of 200 payments per week, supporting the team with monthly payroll, processing expenses and HMRC declarations such as P60s, processing leavers and P11d's. You will be calculating deductions, overtime hours, pension, credit card payments and assisting with audits and other related tasks.
Specific duties will include:
- Preparation and input of weekly wages for all companies
- Complete direct hours / late report
- Collation of subcontractors' time sheets and sending to agencies for all companies
- Update and keep staff absence records accurately
- Setting up new starters on Sage Payroll and Sage HR and processing leaver documentation and final payments
- Processing SSP, SMP, national insurance, income tax and other statutory deductions
- Calculation of monthly overtime hours to CSDi
- PAYE payment preparation
- Administer to Year End Payroll procedures, issuing of P60s and P45s to leavers and updating payroll record
- P11D administration
- AOE payments / pension payments
- ECIS, BUPA and pension administration (list is non-exhaustive)
- Issuing petty cash, posting and reconciliation to both daily cash book and petty cash tin
- Credit card receipt breakdown / coding
- Daily cash posting
- Carry out regular reconciliations – supplier statements, direct hours, cash books, nominal etc
- Assistance with annual account audit
- Assist with personnel filing
- Payroll archive maintenance
- Maintain confidentially
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience working in a busy environment processing payrolls, with high attention to detail and an ability to multitask to complete the payroll processes whilst also handling occasional queries. You will be an energetic team player with a great attitude and willingness to learn and develop. You will also be able to review the processes in place and suggest improvements to streamline the process and increase efficiencies.
What you'll get in return
You will get a generous salary up to £28,000, work in a friendly team, an interesting sector which has a vast amount of forward business, ensuring the company has stability.
- 08:30 to 17:00 - M-F, 30- minute unpaid lunch, early finish on Friday – 39 hours
- 24 days hols – service-related scheme to reach 26 days by year 5, plus 8 bank hols
- Pension 3% employer, 5% employee
- BUPA – post 18 months
- Dress for the diary dress code
- Progressive company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.