£20,000 Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.45 - 5.15, Fridays 8.45 - 4.00 Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays, rising to a maximum of 25 Benefits: Bonus, pension and subsidised car parking Our client, a leading firm of accountants, is seeking to recruit an experienced bookkeeper to its existing team Core duties:
• Maintain books of accounts and reconciliations
• Prepare VAT returns
• Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes
• Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and book-keeping activities
• Maintain up to date complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records
• After probation period, potential to undertake book keeping work at client's premises. The Candidate:
• Experienced Bookkeeper with skills in computerized book keeping, filing online of VAT returns, preparation of unincorporated business accounts for both management and year end purposes.
• Must be organised and systematic in their approach to work.
• Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
• Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary e.g. Sage, Landmark, Xero, MS Excel, Iris
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Qualifications:
• AAT or equivalent qualification or qualified by experience
• Good standard of English and Maths
• Driving Licence Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of LA Recruitment Solutions. The services advertised by LA Recruitment Solutions are those of a Recruitment Consultancy