You will be part of a compliance team that focuses on (mostly) individual tax returns with many interesting foreign elements, each of which introduces a puzzle and variety into the tax preparation process. Common forms and schedules include Form 1116, 2555, 8938, 8621, 3520, 3520-A, 8833, 706, 706NA, 709, 1041, 1040NR.
· Prepare/review U.S. individual tax returns for U.S. residents, expatriates, and foreign nationals with diverse financial interests. Prepare/review certain fiduciary/trust, estate, and gift returns, as needed.
· Read and summarize trust documents to determine type of trust and tax filing requirements.
· Learn continuously about nuances in the tax tools, elections, and treatment of individuals with foreign assets and income as well as their related gifts, fiduciary/trusts and estates such as understanding the application of GST exemptions.
· Deliver a high level of client service by communicating directly with clients and 3rd party advisors to manage expectations, explain tax implications, obtain missing information, and strengthen client relationships.
· Set and adjust priorities daily, in line with project load, new information received, budget and deadline requirements, and client satisfaction considerations.
· Mentor and train staff
Your Background and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and CPA or EA
· 3+ years of U.S. tax compliance experience with a public accounting firm, with a focus on private client services or high-net-worth individuals
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
· High integrity and client-service focus
TWG provides a range of tax services to clients. Familiarity with some or all of these services is a plus but not a requirement, as we provide training in these areas: foreign financial assets (FBAR & FATCA); tax planning for high-net-worth individuals; changes in residency and domicile status; expatriation (Exit Tax); passive foreign investment companies (PFICs); and foreign pensions, trusts, and investments as well as fiduciary elections.
· You are energized by the prospect of stimulating work.
· You love tax and have a solid foundation in individual tax compliance (and knowledge of gift, estate, and trusts
· You enjoy training and mentoring staff.
· You are a seasoned professional who interacts comfortably with intelligent, successful (although not always tax-savvy) individual tax clients.
· You are also a compassionate person who understand the unique sensitivity needed to speak with and guide clients who have lost a loved one
· Your superior organizational and project management skills enable you to skillfully manage complex projects with multiple moving parts.