Your New Company:
I am currently representing a leading services company with a long history of providing innovative products and solutions to their customers. They are part of a global group that operates in various markets and regions. They are looking for an Operations Accounting Manager to join their team in Basingstoke and oversee the daily operations of our investment accounting department. This is a 15 month Fixed Term Contract as the business is going through a period of transition.
Your New Role:
- To analyse accounting information and ensure that it is accurately reflected in the accounts of the company, in accordance with reporting timetables.
- To prepare commentaries on investment related movements and balances and lead investigations where required.
- To manage the production and analysis of statutory returns.
- To support the Head of Accounting and Control in managing the closure of the accounting ledger in accordance with reporting timetables.
- The role is responsible for the managing and motivating of the Operational Accounting Analyst
- To oversee the preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting processes, to include verification of asset balances and investment income, analysis of results and preparation of commentary. Investigation and resolution of queries arising from the results of the review process.
- To manage and prepare, as appropriate, accurate and timely reports on investment information in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and the investigation / clearance of entries as per the monthly reconciliation schedule.
- Finance representative at Operational Management Group meetings.
- To act as the primary point of contact with the Investment team and for all investment accounting queries.
- To support the preparation of UK IFRS results and the annual Statutory Accounts for the UK, specifically in relation to investment accounting matters.
What you need to succeed:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or Equivalent with strong reporting skills
- Experience within a Financial Services Business