Pertemps are delighted to be working on behalf of a global organisation based in Ayrshire who are currently looking to add to their well-established finance team with a Project Accountant. You will receive a salary of up to 48k plus excellent benefits depending on experience.
The role requires the development of a full and in-depth understanding of project revenue stream, cost structure and key risks and opportunities. The role requires the financial performance of the programme to be clearly presented at all levels within the business to both financial and non-financial audiencesKey
- To ensure the overall integrity of the financial reporting of the projects performance:-
- Labour & overhead performance against budget/forecast
- Supply chain performance to budget/forecast
- Specific Project Issues - make/buy, cost/benefit appraisal
- To present the financial performance of the programme to both finance and non-finance audiences
- To take responsibility for the month-end being closed and the Project Accounts being fully reconciled giving an accurate and fair view of the Project’s Financial position.
- To complete the Contract Status Report and all associated reporting for review by the Finance Manager
- To support decision making processes and to challenge performance of contacts where necessary by analysing key issues and trends, risks and opportunities.
- To support the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process through the development and maintenance of accurate and robust life of contact models.
- To develop strong and productive working relationships with the wider organisation to ensure information incorporate into EAC’s is correct, current and has full buy-in from the organisation.
- To have a full understanding of Block Accounting and the impact this process has on profitability reporting and potential cumulative-catches.
- To fully understand the classifications of inventory and how long-term/block accounting can impact different inventory classifications.
- To support quarterly stock-count activity by ensuring counts are undertaken diligently and accurately.
- To liaise with all external parties (Auditors, Customers) as required by the role.
- Commercially aware and have a relevant accountancy background.
- A sound knowledge of accounting is essential, in particular an understanding or experience of long-term contract accounting would be beneficial.
- IT literate and must have a good level of competence with Excel, PowerPoint. Experience of SAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- A current recognised professional accountancy qualification (eg CA, ACCA or CIMA), but need not have significant post-qualifying experience.
- Self motivated, willing to learn and confident in approach to dealing with all areas and levels within the business.
- A willingness to challenge information rather than take on face value.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Pertemps acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.