Senior Fund Reporting Accountant - Offshore Fund Reporting (SA)
Summary of the position
The role of the Senior Fund Reporting Accountant - Offshore Fund Reporting (SA) which will form part of the Offshore Fund Accounting (SA) team based in South Africa at our Mowbray Office, will be to prepare regulatory and other third party reporting for offshore funds in line with the relevant jurisdictional and third party reporting requirements.
Main responsibilities of the role will include preparation of monthly reporting packs for offshore portfolios based on the daily valuations as produced by the Offshore Fund Accounting (SA) team, performing reconciliations and reviews of the fund reporting pack to third party information to ensure detail are complete and accurate, as well as submitting fund reporting packs to external parties in line with service level agreement deadlines.
Senior Fund Reporting Accountant is also required to ensure fund reporting checklists are followed and standard operational processes adhered to by all staff to meet the required quality standards and will involve oversight reporting reviews to support Managers as and when needed.
In addition the role responsiblities it will include training and guidance to other Fund Reporting Accountants to ensure effective and timely delivery of the fund reporting packs as part of the operations of the team.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Senior Fund Reporting Accountant will be expected to:
- Prepare monthly reporting packs using Trial Balance reports and other supporting accounting extracts in line with external reporting requirements and deadlines of the Fund;
- Ensure accurate and timeous submission of monthly reporting and other ad-hoc reporting requirements to external parties and/or other offices in the Group;
- Collate and verify information obtained from third parties for completeness and accuracy;
- Ensure accuracy of information recorded in the accounting system by reconciling to custodian records at a security level and investigating any reconciling items;
- Reconciliations of all liabilities included in the valuation, including all expenses and tax obligations of the fund;
- Raise any reconciling items with Offshore Fund Accounting (SA) team to update the NAV as is necessary;
- Communicate and respond to queries originating from third party recipients of the reporting packs and addressing updates to reporting packs as required;
- Ensure that reporting packs prepared for periods includes distributions and required level of detail to obtain the necessary distribution approvals from external parties;
- Administratively prepare expense payment templates and related invoices for dissemination to third parties to ensure payment is actioned;
- Perform internal review and checks in the team prior to oversight review by other offices;
- Document and continuously update operational processes, ensure fund reporting checklists are followed and implement controls to reduce reporting error risks;
- Manage Cherwell's logged to the Offshore Fund Reporting (SA) team, and resolve open items in accordance with SLA timelines;
- Play a key role in improving the current reporting process and building efficiencies with further automation of the process where possible/applicable;
- Ensure queries from the oversight team are investigated and resolved timeously as requested.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have:
- A BCom or similar, accounting, economics or investments background is preferred;
- The relevant experience includes at least 24 months experience in asset management portfolio administration and pricing of offshore funds;
- Knowledge and understanding of jurisdictional reporting requirements will be beneficial;
- Proven competence and aptitude for working with systems and preparing financial reports;
- Knowledge and experience with the use of InvestOne, NX Manager & Xceptor is an advantage;
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills to resolve complex reporting issues and reconciliation breaks between reports;
- A strong all-round understanding and proven track record of experience in fund accounting and related reporting;
- Computer literate with an excellent working knowledge of MS office & IT packages (particularly Excel); and
- Experience with offshore investment products (various fund types including Unit Trusts, Multi-Manager, Segregated Portfolios, ETF's, Pooled products) and a detailed understanding of funds tax calculations and fee structures will be an advantage.
The Senior Fund Reporting Accountant - Offshore Fund Reporting (SA) will report to the Team Leader - Offshore Fund Reporting (SA).
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision are made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet