We pride ourselves in our resourcefulness and work on a variety of initiatives. On any given day, our work could include advising a company on a cross-border merger, structuring the initial public offering of a subsidiary, refinancing an outstanding bond and more.
As a division, our strategic objectives include:
- To be the world's preeminent investment bank - trusted advisor, financier and risk manager for our clients on their most important transactions
- Build long-term relationships with clients and bring them world-class execution by "delivering the firm" over time
- Drive superior returns for our stakeholders
- Be the employer of choice for all career levels by providing a highly dynamic, meritocratic, diverse and rewarding workplace
We are looking for a professional to join our Investment Banking team in South Africa and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of Goldman Sachs.
Our Associates play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating on our advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions. Their responsibilities include creating and analyzing financial models, organizing and preparing client presentations, helping manage transaction processes, and assisting in structuring transactions. They will gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expand their knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications and marketing skills.
Associates develop financial models, perform customized company valuation analysis, and are actively involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and fixed income and equity issuances. They organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, assess clients' situations to provide the necessary financial advice, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Additionally, Associates coordinate teams of tax advisors, attorneys, and bankers for various transactions; lead due diligence processes and actively participate in the negotiations of legal documentation. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs' banking team's investments.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years' investment banking or equivalent experience
- History of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions