As the biggest home improvement retailer, and a trade partner of choice, life at Mitre 10 is fast paced and offers huge scope.
As a Kiwi owned business partnering with some of New Zealand's best-known brands, the Riviera Group is uniquely placed to retain the special, local family feel of a small business, with the support of national networks, infrastructure, systems, and training.
Since Riviera Hardware Holdings inception in 2009, where we started out with a small local Mitre 10 store in Warkworth, we have grown to be the largest group of stores within the Mitre 10 national network. We are proud to offer our customers a shopping experience like no other in New Zealand's largest hardware retail store; Mitre 10 MEGA Albany as well as New Lynn, Warkworth, Whangaparoa and Silverdale, boast Columbus Coffee shops. We also have a Distribution Centre and own our own Frame and Truss Manufacturing Plant
Reporting to the General Manager for Trade Sales, this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company striving for excellence. If you are looking for your next challenge, have experience across the building / trade industry with experience within account management and if you consider yourself to be a Hunter, we want to hear from YOU!What's in it for you?
The focus of this role:
- All the tools of the trade - Company car, fuel card, mobile phone and excellent remuneration as well as access to our generous staff purchase scheme applicable across all 5 of our stores and cafes.
Our ideal applicant:
- You will be responsible for analyzing sales potential and driving sales success through acquisition of new customers and developing and growing strong relationships with a small base of existing customers to grow revenue. You'll constantly be aware of current market projects and conditions and will leverage your knowledge to increase revenue and add value to our business partners. This is a "hands on" role that truly combines relationship and account management with achieving increased market share.
- To win this role, you'll have experience driving sales across a territory and a reputation for being a high performing “hunter” who strives for excellence. Your sales experience will have been gained in other competitive business environments. You'll be able to demonstrate managing and adding value to customer relationships and your referees will say that you apply sound commercial thinking to all that you do. The products that you will be selling have some technical aspects, so the ability to work with technical product specifications would be a huge advantage.
Summary of duties:
- Strong building industry knowledge;
- An exceptional customer focus;
- A proven sales record within the building industry;
- Highly organized with attention to detail;
- Well-developed time management skills;
- Good IT and process understanding;
- Team player;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Identify business opportunities by identifying each prospect's product usage and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options;
- Sell products by establishing contact and developing relationships and recommending solutions;
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities;
- Identify product or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors;
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information;
- Maintain highest quality service through delivering on client expectations;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in promotional events;
- Contribute to team effort through achieving and surpassing individual targets.
All employment offers are subject to background checks including References and Ministry of Justice Checks and applicants need to be able to fulfil the inherent requirements of the role including the right to work in New Zealand.What is next?
If you are solutions focused and want to help us to continue to grow our business at a phenomenal rate, we should talk about what we can do for your career and the part you can play in our team. The next step is to follow this link below for details and to apply online. Working Together. Chasing Great!
Apply now Share