Tā tātou atarua - Our vision
- We work with the people of Westland to grow and protect our communities, our economy and our unique natural environment. He angitūtanga - The opportunity
Based in Hokitika on the South Island's beautiful West Coast, surrounded by the natural beauty of mountains, with the river and lakes nearby, this is an opportunity to be part of and contribute to a growing vibrant community.The Westland District Council
is seeking an enthusiastic experienced Building Control Officer to perform a range of tasks relating to building-related BCA and Territorial Authority (TA) functions. This will primarily involve inspecting and processing building consent applications, Certificates of Acceptance, Project Information Memorandums and Exemptions and TA related activities.He kōrero mōu - About you
You will have:
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou - What we offer
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- R1-3 for inspections and C1-2 competency would be ideal
- An appropriate qualification recognised in Regulation 18 of the Building Regulations 2006 Act is essential
- A thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and bylaws
- High levels of computer literacy especially with relevant programmes/software
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- An understanding of the Council environment, and an appreciation for the political and sensitive nature of Local Government.
- A valid full New Zealand driver's license.
Working at Westland District Council will give you an opportunity to build on your experience as a Building Control Officer and broaden your skill set through training, development and practice in a wide range of job-specific tasks and activities. You will work in a small, dedicated team, committed to making a positive difference in our communities.
Come and join us now! Benefits include:
Tono mai ināianei - Apply now
- Competitive salary $80k - $98k.
- Employer Kiwisaver contribution is additional
- Relocation package available if required
- Additional three days leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible work options
- Career enhancing exposure to a broad range of tasks and responsibilities
- West Coast based - great lifestyle, affordable living and no traffic lights!
For details on how to apply visit https://www.westlanddc.govt.nz/your-council/careers/
An application form, along with a full CV and cover letter is required to apply for the position.
Applications close 5pm 22 September. Position description Apply now Share