Mō te tūranga | About the role
Kia Hanga I Te Ao, E Ora Ai, E Tupu Ai, Te Tangata Me Te Kainga. At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're making this happen by improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our customers so they can achieve incredible things - whether they're buying a home, building a business, or saving for things big or small.
We are looking for an experienced banking professional to join the Wholesale Credit Risk Management team, ideally with risk and/or institutional/corporate client expertise.
You will provide independent and sound specialist credit risk management services for the Institutional business and other sub-portfolios.
This is a career progressing opportunity to work with senior stakeholders to develop and implement credit risk management strategies.
In a typical day or week your work will involve the following:
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the Institutional business to develop and implement their credit risk management strategies, understand emerging risks, and provide timely decisions on credit transactions in line with the approved risk appetite statement.
- Develop credit risk strategies for the management of Institutional customers, including specialist sector and product strategies.
- Work closely with the R&A, Product and Relationship teams to provide timely credit assessment, demonstrating a clear understanding of customer objectives.
- Understand how changing market conditions impact customers and potential flow-on effects for related industries.
- Challenge and influence customer management strategies to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for customers and the bank.
- Provide insights through to the wider Wholesale Credit team on specialist segments and on the specific risks associated with Institutional products (e.g., Markets, Trade etc.)
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the efficiency of the credit process for Institutional customers, including policy and process simplification and enhanced use of data to drive insights.
- Demonstrate the ANZ values and contribute to a customer-centric culture, fostering collaboration across teams and business units.
Tāmaki-makau-rau, Auckland or Te Whanga-nui-a-Tara, Wellington Ōu Pūkenga? | What will you bring?
To grow and be successful in the role you will ideally have, or aspire to have, the following:
- In-depth knowledge of NZ business conditions, including key sector and industry drivers with awareness of important legal and regulatory considerations.
- Capacity to manage current risk issues and to anticipate and counter emerging risk issues.
- Proven sound commercial business lending assessment skills, coupled with strong commercial and business acumen.
- Proven delivery of successful stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing, up to Executive level.
- Proven ability to build strong, open, and collaborative working relationships, including coaching of colleagues.
- Professional behaviors aligned with the ANZ Behaviours.
You're not expected to have 100% of these skills but a willingness to learn them is critical. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture, so if you have most of these things in your toolbox, we'd love to hear from you.He aha te take e uru ai koe ki a mātou? | Why join us?
There's something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, your part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
But it's not just our customers who'll feel your impact. You'll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you'll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate including Health and Wellbeing programs and flexible working arrangements.
You'll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number Job Posting End Date
10/10/2023, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)