We are New Zealand's leading materials recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We are leaders in waste-to-energy and have the largest commercial electric fleet in New Zealand, all powered by electricity from waste.
We're committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.About the role
We have a new full-time permanent opportunity for a Banking & Reconciliation Analyst to join our team based at our head office in East Tamaki.
Reporting to the Invoicing Banking & Receipting Manager you will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of the Waste Management receipts account to the General Ledger, along with complex customer account reconciliations and analysis reporting.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Daily reconciliations of the receipts bank account to the general ledger.
- Provide analysis reporting to support the finance team in meeting their objectives.
- Identify and investigate bank reconciliation discrepancies.
- Working with JDE and Elemos systems
- Database management of banking system rules to maximise the accuracy in allocation of customer payments.
We are looking for an individual who has experience in bank reconciliation, you are used to processing a high volume of customer payments efficiently and accurately. Your strong communication skills will allow you to work with finance and non-finance professionals. Working with multiple systems and ability to multi-task is key to your success in the role.
- You will have experience in reconciling accounting and financial records, along with analytical, research and investigative skills.
- You are a detailed and solutions focused individual.
- You will have already worked within Accounts Receivable, Banking or Allocations.
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages.
- Sound financial numeracy and literacy skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a team player, a self-starter who is not afraid to come up with initiatives be proactive and motivated.
- Tertiary level education in business or economics or similar related discipline, preferred.
You have a passion for numbers and accounts and want to become a pivotal part of our successful team. Your innate ability to manage time will prove invaluable - with variety comes juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.How to Apply
To be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click ‘apply now'.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces.
Applicants should currently be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa / residency or NZ citizenship.
Position description Apply now Share