Tihei mauri ora!
Nau mai, haere mai, tahuti mai ki Heretaunga!
Heretaunga haukunui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants. Taitara Mahi - Finance Assistant
Hastings District Council is currently seeking applications for a 12 month fixed term full-time role of Finance Assistant to provide accurate and efficient processing of Accounts Receivable/Payable invoices and provide accounting and administrative support in a multi-skilled environment.
The role has an important function within the Finance Team processing and supporting all aspects of the accounts receivable and payable functions along with credit control processes for both debtors and rates plus rating information database maintenance. The successful candidate will require excellent communication skills, be willing to carry out a wide range of duties, be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to customer service
- Microsoft Excel skills to an intermediate level and data input experience
- Experience with data analysis, manipulating and analysing large data sets
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- A cool and collected manner when working under pressure
- Good investigative skills plus an innovative and proactive approach to solving problems
Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke's Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey?
Position description Apply now Share