A full-service electrical for residential, commercial, and low voltage, is hiring for an Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist to manage our commercial billings, oversee service billing, and properly track incoming payments in QuickBooks. This person will need to run monthly reports and work closely with our Service Coordinator and Project Managers to ensure all jobs have been billed successfully, any past due payments are followed up on, and all payments received are processed properly in QuickBooks.
The ideal candidate will have construction billing experience and will have a deep understanding of AIA Billing, Change orders, Estimates, Conditional and Unconditional releases, have excellent communication skills, be able to work with minimal direction, multi-task, and troubleshoot easily. This position is more than a job, it is a career opportunity for the right motivated individual to gain knowledge, status, and authority in our company.
· Accurate processing of accounts and incoming payments
· Maintaining compliance with financial policies and procedures
Monthly commercial billings on the 15th, 18th, 20th and 25th. The ability to read contracts to find out billing date, procedures, and contacts.
Understanding of Conditional and Unconditional releases. Knowing when to collect which release. Working closely with supply houses to get the correct release to send to GC for release of progress and final payments as well as retention payments.
Working with the Service department on collecting past due payments. Not allowing the A/R to get past 30-60 days for service jobs.
Researching for the right contact if unable to get an answer from original contact information given.
Entering Credit cards daily or once a week. Ensuring each employee submits their receipts with the proper job code. Identify and inform of any suspicious spending.
Reconcile the credit cards monthly.
· Consistently performing all day-to-day financial transactions, including reliably and accurately verifying, sorting, calculating, posting, and recording the department's data
· Detail-oriented computation and organization skills to ensure reconciliation of the accounts receivable ledger, verifying that all payments are accounted for accurately and properly posted
· Ability to process and scrutinize data to verify any discrepancies within the system
· Problem solving skills to ensure the resolution of any client's billing issues
· Generating financial statements and reports clearly detailing accounts receivable status
In this role, you will also assist the Office Manager with payroll. We work with software and an HR company and it consists of auditing digital timecards and uploading into the HR database.
Accounts Receivable Requirements and Qualifications
· Experience as an accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable specialist, and proven success in that role. Must have construction or sub contract billing experience.
· Reliable, solid understanding of industry standards including basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, and collection rules and regulations
· Meticulously accurate abilities to calculate, post, and manage necessary accounting figures and financial records
· Exceptional data entry skills and aptitude for working with numbers
· Significant, first-hand experience operating spreadsheets and QuickBooks
· Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Well versed in customer service and negotiation skills
· Highly detail-oriented thinking and proven accuracy