Corporate Payroll Manager
Organization Name: Buffalo Rock Company
Job Department: Corporate Payroll
Reports to: General Manager - Controller
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday (must be flexible)
Job Type: Regular
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: up to 20% Job Description Summary/Objective Buffalo Rock is an award-winning Pepsi and Keurig Dr Pepper bottler founded in Birmingham, AL more than 122 years ago. Buffalo Rock manages the best non-alcoholic beverage portfolio in the country, which includes several beloved global and regional brands. The Payroll Manager is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of payroll operations within the organization. The position plays a crucial role in ensuring accurate and timely processing of employee wages and deductions while complying with relevant laws and regulations. The Payroll Manager oversees a team of payroll specialists and collaborates with various departments to ensure seamless payroll administration.Essential functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor a team of payroll specialists. Review work performed by the payroll team, set performance goals, conduct performance evaluations and provide ongoing training to ensure the team's professional growth and a high level of service delivery.
- Oversee the end-to-end payroll process, including the collection and verification of timesheets, salaries, wages bonuses, commissions and other compensation-related data. Ensure accuracy and efficiency in processing payroll for all employees.
- Prepare payroll-related analyses, variance reports and monthly reconciliations of payroll expenses to the general ledger. Reconcile the payroll bank account and prepare the payroll accrual at month-end.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll tax returns and other necessary documentation to government authorities. Stay up-to-date with payroll laws and tax regulations to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Work hand-in hand with corporate and franchise personnel to ensure seamless payroll communication and execution across the organization. Resolve issues related to payroll data as they develop, solving routine problems in a timely manner and complex problems with minimal guidance.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement streamlined approaches to enhance the overall payroll process and optimize efficiency.
- Develop and implement quantifiable, outcome-based key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure performance against the payroll team's goals and objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to employee concerns regarding payroll-related inquiries to include tax withholding, deductions and pay related issues.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Exhibit a high level of ethical and moral conduct while at work or in attendance at any off-site function while representing the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Buffalo Rock provided training. Successfully complete assigned training curriculum, including but not limited to online and/or facilitated training.
- Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the Company from possible damages, theft, or other liabilities.
- Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the safety of employee-partners, self, customers, Buffalo Rock property, and customer property.
- Honor and follow through on all business commitments.
- Embody Buffalo Rock's Purpose of "Building brands through legendary service and remarkable people."
- Live Buffalo Rock's Core Values:
o Committed to serving our communities.
o Customer success drives our success.
o Integrity matters.
o Obsessed with continuous improvement.
o We care for each other.
o Win the day.Competencies
· Analytical - Ability to analyze, integrate and consolidate assumptions and data from business unit.
· Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word (internal/external business partners as well as the Officer team).
· Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely (internal/external business partners as well as the Officer team).
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
· Detail Oriented - Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
· Information Synthesis - Ability to create conclusions, alternatives, and recommendations.
· Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
· Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
· Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
· Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
· Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Payroll software - Strong understanding of payroll software and systems.
· Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
· Technical Aptitude - Ability to excel at specific technical tasks, whether developed or undeveloped.
· Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
· Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.Physical demands
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day) Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs.
12 lbs. or less
N Supervisory responsibilities
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Work environment
Primarily inside work with most if not all working hours in a close office environmentRequired education and experience
o Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting (preferred)
o Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Payroll Manager for an organization with at least 750 employees
· Computer Skills:
o High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs to include SharePoint, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
o Oracle software experience (preferred)
o TCP software experience (preferred)Affirmative Action/EEO statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, genetic makeup, status as a protected veteran, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. Other duties
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
I have reviewed this job description, and I can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.