$18.22 - $22.84 per hourWhy should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Weekly Pay
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- Paid Time Off Programs (incl. vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay)
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical yearly review
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and more
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies. Job Description:About This Role
As an Accounts Payable Associate for the Ace Hardware Corporation, you will have an opportunity to perform the invoice three-way-match reconciliation process. You will be responsible for responding to vendor inquiries, and ongoing interaction with the merchandising and warehouse business partners to resolve invoice discrepancies and vendor questions.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Work with vendors, buyers, A/P, and internal customers on queries and issues regarding invoices and chargeback's. The associate will need to look at several disparate systems and be able to understand the complex previous transactions to answer the customer needs and take the initiative to solve the problem and ensure all cross-functional stakeholders are aware of the decision.
- Performs three-way match process for receipt of goods, invoice, and purchase order using SAP GR/IR functionality. The associate will need to review and examine the merchandising PO as part of discrepancy resolution. Send action requests to buyers and to warehouse employees to verify or check previous transactions that do not match within SAP, and follow through to ensure resolution.
- Prepare deduction and repayment chargeback's ensuring that all necessary supporting documentation is present and that all proper accounting controls are followed.
- Adaptable and have the ability to learn quickly in a high-pressure environment, you enjoy new tasks and challenges and looking for opportunities to implement improvements. You are driven by helping your customers or end users, being helpful comes first.
- Associates degree or relevant work experience.
- 2 years experience in a large corporate high-volume A/P environment, to include in-depth understanding of vendor relationships and billing practices, payment terms, and vendor payment processing.
- Understanding of accounting and finance relative to Accounts Payables and inventory, with knowledge of the cross-functional impacts and consequences generated from finance and receiving transactions.
- Connect cross-functionally and develop effective internal and external working relationships with members of Procurement, warehouse management, and the vendor community.
- Ability to understand, investigate and resolve problems using root-cause research skills
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically basic skills in Word and strong skills in Excel (knowledge of formulas and pivot tables).
- SAP experience required.
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence using good business vocabulary and proper grammar and construction.
#LI-RM1We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws. Disclaimer
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.