About This Role
This position will be responsible for several key accounts receivable operational activities including cash application of Ace retailers, EJD customers, AceHardware.com, and Ace International intercompany payments. Additionally, the processing and administration of retailer loan programs, processing manual retailer payments and refunds, the review and processing of Policy A Defective claims, the clearing of Company statements, the processing of miscellaneous manual retailer debits and credits, lockbox re-work, daily lockbox balancing, the administration of several retailer incentive programs and the timely execution of the store cancellation/closeout process.
This position will also support the Accounts Receivable Operations Supervisor and be called upon to support departmental and system projects and ad-hoc reporting.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Execute all functions related to the cash application process including researching and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Process daily manual Ace retailer and EJD customer ACH payment and refund requests while working cross functionally with other teams to ensure Treasury has everything to ensure successful transfer of funds
- Perform daily or monthly departmental tasks including: daily lockbox re-work and balancing, and completing special cash applications for credits associated with various retailer incentive programs
- Administer and perform all processing associated with retailer loan program including: crediting retailer accounts for approved loans, billing loan commitment fees, entering loans into the Loan System, sending loan funding notifications, updating the prime rate in the Loan System as needed, balance billing loans due to retailer pre-payments or cancellations, preparing loan amortization schedules and addressing loan inquiries
- Record SAP transactions necessary to clear the Company statements (department, Foundation, etc.) based on information provided by the A/R Accounting team
- Process miscellaneous retailer debits/credits based on requests received from other departments and communicate to the appropriate team members upon completion
- Review and approve Defective Policy A claims, notify Paint department and specific vendors regarding open claims to be reviewed, and address retailer questions related to the program
- Coordinate the store cancellation/closeout process, and ensure all statement amounts are reconciled (stock, loans, outstanding bulletin orders, drop ship orders, etc.). Answer retailer questions or disputes and retire the store account in SAP once all transactions have been cleared
You are organized, detail oriented, career driven and have the ability to effectively communicate with various teams and business partners.Required Skills
- Proven customer service experience in a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, investigate and resolve issues
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of accounts receivable experience in a larger corporate environment
$53100 - $66500 per yearWhy should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability - up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability ) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That's why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies. We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws. Disclaimer
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.