At ICON, it's our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients' lives.
Our 'Own It' culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That's our vision. We're driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you're as driven as we are, join us. You'll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you'll be helping shape an industry.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for an ambitious part qualified Accountant who is looking build a career within Finance at ICON. We can offer support through your exams and also the opportunity to develop a career within Financial Business Partnering and introduce to working at a global organisation.
Overview of the role
- Revenue Calculations
- Updating financial systems with contractual arrangements with clients, staff deployment on projects (staff plans) and deliverables achieved
- Preparation of the monthly revenue report comparing actual revenue versus forecast with supporting explanations and calculations for variances
- Performing reconciliations of contracts and revenues recognised
- Liaising with the billing team regarding unbilled revenue balances
- Assisting with monthly reports (forecast, backlog, utilisation)
- Ensure revenue is recognised within SOX guidelines i.e. relevant controls, documentation, signoffs, and filing are in place
- Business/Finance degree or Part Qualified (ACCA, CIMA etc) or both
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Finance role
- Oracle Financials experience preferable
- Good knowledge/experience with MS Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with an absolute commitment to accuracy
- Demonstrate an ability to manage own work in an efficient manner and to work with a high degree of own initiative
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That's why we've made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you'll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.