Silver Star Real Estate is looking for a Property Accountant with Yardi experience to support the AR & Accounting functions.
• Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, if applicable, and processing the disposition in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements. Apply move-out charges to the account from the final inspection.
• Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid charges and/or late fees owed, communicates to managers/regionals regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue.
• Review and resolve disputes regarding information contained in resident portfolios (ledgers in Yardi).
• Oversee and manage the day-to-day ACH/Credit card transactions of each property that is assigned. This includes but is not limited to daily oversight of bank accounts, understanding the online banking platforms (Yardi check scanning), verifying transactions into Yardi and/or on the manual spreadsheet on a timely basis, and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
• Yardi: Knows how to enter journal entries and post fees, run reports for analytics as well as reporting.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or other major with comparable work experience
• Experience in real estate accounting (multi-family is a plus)
• Experience preparing cash basis and GAAP financial statements
• Experience with Microsoft Office required
• Yardi experience required
• Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
Schedule: 8 am PST - 5 pm PST
Skills: Yardi, ACH, Microsoft Office, Journal Entries, Gaap