Senior Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant for Digital Printing Company based in Johannesburg North
- Provides a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties
- Assists in the development and administers accounting, cost control and budgeting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, financial transactions; produces financial statements, reports and summaries
- Responsible for capital asset tracking, coordination of annual audit and office administration support
- Supervision over the work of a small number of clerical personnel assigned to the financial record-keeping unit Weekly and monthly payroll
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a complete and systematic set of accounts to produce timely and accurate accounting information
- Performs and monitors all expenditures, journal and ledger entries, bank statements, account activity and other accounting and financial records. Ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls;
- Compiles and analyses a variety of accounting and statistical information to prepare financial and statistical reports
- Evaluates financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities. Makes recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior management.
- Assists in the development of and prepares annual management plans and consolidated budget. Prepares and/or exercises control over the preparation of financial statements, estimates, summaries, financial analyses, management reports and cost control reports for expense or funding problems. Provides information and liaises with external auditors.
- Prepares cash flow projections and other financial reports and summaries
- Provides monthly analysis of accounts and budget variances and analyses results
- Prepares and accounts for all payroll wages and salaries. Prepares and balances period-end reports and reconciles issued payrolls to bank accounts.
- Assists in preparation and supervision of monthly stock takes and compiles the relevant stock holding and valuation reports
- Be aware of and comply with all statutory requirements.
- Processing accounts payable invoices and related documentation; reconciling and balances payments and accounts to the General Ledger; follows up to resolve discrepancies with suppliers; verifying, balances and reconciles bank accounts; deposits cash and cheques to bank accounts
- Discusses and resolves account queries with bank staff
- May supervise the work of subordinate clerical staff
- May perform other related tasks, as needed
- Excellent computer skills in applications such as Pastel, VIP, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software.
- A Bachelor's degree of Accounting or a Senior Bookkeeper Certificate is preferred
- In-depth knowledge with at least three years' experience, and knowledge of computerised bookkeeping is necessary if you do not hold any qualification
- You may also be working towards a qualification
- Microsoft Office:
- Pastel Accounting
- Pastel VIP
Desired Work Experience: Desired Qualification Level: About The Employer:
- Cash Flow
- Stock Taking
- Asset Management
- Financial Reporting