Specialist, Network Management (Oversight & Performance) Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Specialist, Network Management (Oversight & Performance)
to join our Global Network Management team. This role is located in Manchester, UK- HYBRID
The Oversight Manager, within the Global Network Management team, is responsible for executing the oversight framework on the firm's network of appointed custody and cash providers. BNY Mellon's network incorporates sub-custodian, depository receipts custodian and cash correspondent bank relationships across more than 100 markets. In executing the framework, the Oversight Manager will be responsible for the performance of initial due diligence to support the selection and appointment of new relationships as well as the on-going monitoring of regulatory compliance of the existing network of providers. Amongst its major duties, the Specialist Oversight & Performance Manager will be:In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Accountable for completing the due-diligence and final assessment report activities for assigned markets within regulatory, policy and procedural deadlines including the distribution of sub-custodian and cash correspondent bank questionnaires and internal scorecards.
- Expected to operate within a strictly governed due diligence cycle requiring self-managed international travel on behalf of The Bank of New York Mellon where you will be representing the interest firm and our global client base.
- Responsible for the review of completed due-diligence questionnaires received from securities providers and cash correspondent banks and to assess and validate the responses for accuracy and completeness. To challenge and follow up on any incomplete, inaccurate or sub-optimal responses received from securities providers and cash correspondent banks until appropriate responses have been received or document any shortcomings in the response for further review and acceptance from senior management.
- Expected to complete validation checks to ensure that appropriate legal documentation, commercial arrangements and account inventory remains up to date and accurate on internal systems and documentation repositories.
- Expected to assess credit ratings and capital adequacy of appointed securities providers and cash correspondent banks closely and escalate, where appropriate, to internal stakeholders such as Credit and Operational Risk teams.
- Provides on-going support and evaluation of existing custody and cash networks, including the considerations of Legal/Compliance/Risk Management/Operations.
- Leads recommendations on the suitability process and subsequent management of the appointed securities providers / cash correspondent bank to ensure all oversight areas are evaluated and appropriately approved.
- Accountable for investigating and resolving escalated enquiries & service issues, working closely with the Network Market Manager and internal stakeholders.
- Gains a full understanding of Global Asset Safety and in particular the Client Asset Protection regimes that exist under CASS, CAP, MiFID, AIFMD, UCITS, FCM 17f-5 & 17f-7.
- Assist the Network Performance team's monitoring and managing of securities providers and cash correspondent bank performance and service delivery, actively seeking opportunities for service improvements. Expected to contribute to the conducting of service reviews, ensuring delivery of high-quality reports accurately assessing risk.
- Key Contributor to improving the service quality of poorly performing securities providers and cash correspondent bank providers via a tiered monitoring and heightened oversight process.
- Key Contributor to review and assess potential providers during selection and appointment RFPs.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience (advanced / graduate degree is preferred).
- Sufficient years work experience, preferably banking industry experience in global custody network management, cash or securities operations, product management, risk, compliance, or client engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, comfortable presenting to client, internal management and external third parties.
- Strong analytical, process flow and operational mapping expertise.
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and pride in producing work of the highest calibre.
- Team player with a flexible attitude and dynamic / adaptive approach.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities.
- Project manager / leadership skills desirable.
- Preference for foreign language skills.
- This position may require 4-8 weeks travel annually.
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.