Within the Global Business Services Finance team based in the Paisley Center of Excellence the Lead Accounts Payable Representative will be delivering high-quality finance services to internal business partners, supporting an annual through put of some 150,000 invoices.
The role supports the EMEA region across multiple ERPs and will have opportunity to drive process enhancement and productivity improvement through targeted analysis and involvement.
What will you do?
- Responsibility for the delivery of all internal and external reporting
- Producing monthly metric reports with effective analysis to drive sustainable improvement
- Business partnering with other Finance teams to help drive improvements
- Governance of SOX & departmental controls and self-assurance testing
- Owning balance sheet reconciliations and analysis ensuring full SOX and audit compliance
- Driving and leading improvement activities utilizing continuous improvement focusing on automation and elimination
Who we are looking for:
- Experience in a high performing, high volume, results driven environment
- Analytical mindset
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques
- Strong knowledge in MS Office including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience within a multi-national environment
- Clear understanding of accounting standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of a Shared Service network would be highly advantageous
- Educated to UK standard/higher grade, European High School leaving certificate or equivalent
- HND or Degree in relevant Finance or Business area
What's in it for you:
- On site gym - subsidised
- Annual incentive plan bonus
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us (https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/5-reasons-to-work-at-thermo-fisher-scientific) . As one team of 130,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll quality and innovation. As part of a growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.