Investment Operations Analyst
London, City of (hybrid hours available)
We are a company driven by a solid set of principles (see below) and purposes such as diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our working culture provides flexibility and naturally a 'hybrid' working model as standard. We are part of the Women in Finance Charter, an initiative set up by the UK's HM Treasury. We want to benefit from the many positives that come by having a more diverse working culture throughout all levels of seniority and lines of business. Our workforce enjoys excellent benefits, including private healthcare, a brilliant pension, and a host of other benefits to ensure you and yours are kept safe and protected.
MetLife Success Principles
- Build Tomorrow - We change and innovate for sustained performance
- Win Together - We collaborate and empower each other to succeed
- Own It - We deliver for our customers
You'll be joining a business that is expanding, cares about the community and the environment. You will get a 9% pension as standard, increasing to 13% company max contribution (plus your 4% = a 17% pension). You can also get up to 31 days holiday, hybrid working, life assurance - employee, income protection, private medical insurance, mortgage advice, gadget cover, life assurance - partner, critical illness, travel insurance and dental cover.
Role Value Proposition:
The Investment Operations Analyst will be a key member of the Regional Investments Middle Office Team in London, providing assistance, oversight, and strategic partnership to MIM's UK and Ireland regulated entity as well as MetLife investments activities across the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The Middle Office analyst will work primarily alongside the London team, along with partnering with the respective regional Middle Office teams to provide support to both our internal and external clients across the globe. The analyst will be responsible for overseeing all processes being performed within the Middle Office, working directly with key stakeholders in developing and enhancing controls across our processes. The analyst will also be responsible in tracking and monitoring key regulations that impact Investment Operations, along with escalating and tracking issues across the business.
The Investment Operations Analyst will be required to make sound judgment-based decisions and answer complicated operations questions, put appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks, and exercise judgment to know when issues need to be further escalated to senior management for consideration and deliberation.
The Investment Operations Analyst will report directly to the International Head of Operations for Investments.
Reports to: Head of International Ops
Direct Reports: NA
Other Key Stakeholder: Trading, Portfolio Management, Risk Management, IT, Operations and Finance team.
- Perform oversight of global reconciliations within internal and external platforms (Aladdin / BNYM and Accounting).
- Review cash balances across platforms at start of day.
- Highlight discrepancies to internal teams (GOSC, Front Office and Regional teams.
- Ensuring the trading desks are fully aware of their available cash at the start of day.
- Perform oversight of the below Middle Office process.
- Confirmations (Fixed Income)
- Settlements (Fixed Income)
- Corporate Actions
- Support the London and EMEA offices with all BAU/Operations controls and processes.
- Look to enhance current reconciliation / IBOR process. Building out additional controls and processes.
Create and maintain issuer/portfolio/security data within MetLife platforms.
- Contribute to expanding capabilities to support growing international business and regional projects.
- Liaise with front office teams, back-office teams, portfolio management, risk management and IT across all products for the region.
- Fixed Income (Bond's)
- Syndicated Bank Loan's
- Private Placements
- Clear Par
Essential Business Experience
- 2-3 years of investments experience within a financial services firm
- 2 years of investments operations experience supporting security operations
Essential Technical Skills:
- Aladdin experience (Blackrock solutions)
- Experience in TLM or other reconciliation platforms
- Intermediate Excel Skills - (Pivots, Macros, V lookup, Graphs)
- Ability to understand technology solutions
MetLife will assist in the funding of Professional Fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur "benefit in kind" tax.
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
This role is subject to the Senior Manager and Certification Regime.
As such you are required to comply with the FCA's Tier 1 Conduct Rules which are as follows:
Tier 1 - Individual Conduct Rules
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due care, skill and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 127272
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations.
We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this.
Those with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
MetLife UK is proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here's a few that might interest you too.