London Position Overview Job Title
Deutsche Bank Group Strategic Analytics (GSA) Quantitative Strat - Control StratsLocation
Analyst/ Associate/ Assistant Vice President/ Vice President/ Director
You will be joining Deutsche Bank GSA which is a 1st line function of 700+ people with the mandate to be a single, end-to-end quantitative analytics and model delivery function for Deutsche Bank Group.
The function covers all aspects of model and control development, implementation, execution and production support. Having its own set of tools, analytics and applications, GSA works closely across 1st and 2nd line, partnering with the business, technology and control functions, to ensure the integrity of our risk and P&L, capital modelling, as well as the controls that are used to demonstrate the integrity of the business and the underpinning platform, data and processes.What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- We are looking for skilled professionals with varying degrees of experience across business lines (such as Investment Banking, Wealth Management and Corporate Banking) and with expertise in areas such as data management, data science, Fair Value and PruVal methodologies, trading and client controls spanning all aspects of trading and client surveillance
- We are also looking for professionals straight from university (Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)/ Masters (MSc) or Bachelors Degree (BsC)) or similar qualifications with the aptitude and skills to learn and contribute from the first day to the program of work
- In addition to domain expertise, candidates should also have strong skills in one or more of the following: python and coding within a professional code base, data science, trading and client behavioural controls and data science. Some roles will require project management and strategy skills
- This unique data, coding and modelling skillset is required across a number of areas within GSA
How we'll support you
- Strong quantitative, data science, data analysis, coding and modelling skills, demonstrated within a financial services environment
- Experience delivering in an agile, fast-paced technology environment
- Relevant education such as an PhD/MSc/BSc in a subject such as Finance, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Statistics or Engineering, or equivalent work experience or qualifications
- Experience supporting a business or infrastructure area to identify their problems and deliver technical solutions in C++ and/or Python and knowledge of the statistical packages
- Strong focus on business opportunities, and bringing innovative and quantitative ideas to solve complex problems
- Ability to identify synergies across the domain to deliver a comprehensive and scalable solution and an understanding of financial products
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.