DescriptionWhat We’re All About at Kroo
Kroo has a big vision. To be the first bank that is both trusted and loved by its customers.
We’re helping people take control of their financial future and achieve their goals, whilst making a positive impact on the planet.
Here at Kroo, doing what is right is in our DNA. We act with integrity, transparency and honesty. We think big, dream big, and relentlessly pursue our goals. We like to be bold, break new ground, and we never stop learning. But most importantly, we are on this journey together.About the Team
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company’s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people’s lives for good.
We’re searching for a resourceful and enthusiastic Financial Crime Team Lead, whose main responsibility is to lead a First Line FinCrime Operations Detection Team which will be appropriate for a growing regulated organisation.
The Kroo is growing and we’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining us on our journey!RequirementsAbout You
While not essential, the following experience and qualifications are highly desirable in our ideal candidate for this position:Here's what you'll be doing:
Here’s what we are looking for ideally:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of Kroo’s 1st Line Financial Crime Detection Team.
- Act as an escalation point for team queries, including: reporting suspicious activity, exiting accounts and reviewing transaction monitoring alerts.
- Collate and provide feedback on detection systems' effectiveness to the Monitoring and Strategy teams facilitating continuous improvement.
- Mentor, coach and develop your team members to help them succeed in their role.
- Proactively identify financial crime trends through data analysis.
- Liaise with other financial institutions and law enforcement authorities.
- Support the Head of Business Operations and Head of Financial Crime/MLRO in the optimisation and update of existing processes, systems and procedures.
- Help with the scaling of the team in line with business growth.
About Our Process:
- Experience and expertise in a wide range of aspects of the Compliance or Anti Financial Crime function.
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Crime and AML regulations.
- Have experience in the financial services sector.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Proven experience in managing a team.
- 3 years experience (minimum) in a Financial Crime/AML function, with minimum 1 year of experience in the leading capacity
- Have worked in a start-up
- Have worked on effectively scaling a team.
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- People screen interview - 30 mins
- Technical interview challenge with the hiring manager - 45 mins
- Culture champion interview - 30 mins
- Head of division interview - 45 mins
Successful candidates after the technical stage will be invited to informally meet the team in person and see our fantastic offices. Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.BenefitsWhat we offer:
At our cutting-edge fintech company, we know that attracting and retaining the best talent means offering top-notch benefits that help our employees thrive both in and outside of work. Check out what we currently offer:
- Generous holiday time: 25 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays, 1 Kroo bank holiday (June 24th), and 1 day off during the week of your birthday.
- Personal days: We know that life can be unpredictable, so we offer 3 personal days to use as needed.
- Employer-sponsored volunteer program: We're passionate about giving back to our community, and we support our employees in doing the same with up to 4 hours per month of employer-sponsored volunteer time.
- Mental health support: We care about the mental health of our team members and offer access to Spill, our mental health support partner.
- Workplace pension: We want you to feel secure about your future, so we offer a workplace pension with a 5% employee contribution and a 3% employer top-up.
- Learning and development: After 1 year of service, you'll have access to 500 from the Kroo Learning Fund to invest in your career development.
- Top-notch equipment: We provide top-of-the-line equipment necessary for smooth hybrid work, including a MacBook laptop. Additionally, we also offer support in establishing your home office by contributing towards your setup if required.
- Modern office: When you're in the office, you'll enjoy access to our modern, bustling workspace in Holborn, Central London, which includes a full gym.
- Cycle to Work scheme: We encourage sustainable transportation with our Cycle to Work scheme.
- Electric Car scheme: We're committed to reducing our carbon footprint, and our Electric Car scheme makes it easy for our employees to do the same.
- Enhanced parental leave: We know that family comes first, and we offer an enhanced parental leave policy to support our employees in starting and growing their families.
- Room for growth: As a fast-paced, high-growth start-up, we're dedicated to providing our employees with room to grow and excel.
- You get full healthcare for you and your nuclear family via Vitality.
At Kroo Bank, we embrace a hybrid policy that grants individuals and teams a considerable level of autonomy regarding office usage, maximising productivity. Our office in London is a splendid space that serves as a valuable and potent resource when utilised appropriately. Presently, we follow a blended working model, where employees are expected to work in the office for 1-2 days a week. Therefore, candidates who are able to occasionally commute to the office align best with our current work practices.
Our ambition is to be a truly 24/7 customer-focused bank. In order to achieve this, you'll be working 5 shifts (Monday - Sunday) and 37.5 hours per week. The shifts will be provided well in advance, but typically range between 07:00 - 19:30.Diversity and Inclusion:
We wholeheartedly uphold our commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Every employee is highly regarded, respected, and supported without any form of judgement or prejudice. We consider Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion as fundamental pillars guiding our path in all aspects of our bank. We also ensure that reasonable adjustments are made available to all candidates throughout the recruitment process.To all Recruitment Agencies:
At Kroo Bank, agency resumes are strictly prohibited. Do not submit agency resumes or forward them to our job advertisements or Kroo Bank employees. Be aware that Kroo Bank will not assume any responsibility for fees incurred due to unsolicited resumes.
To ensure a fair and efficient application process, all candidates are kindly requested to submit their applications directly through the advertised platform. We kindly ask that you refrain from reaching out to the company or its employees via email, LinkedIn, or any other communication channels for inquiries or updates. Please note that any attempts to contact us through these channels will not receive a response. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.Job Summary
- ID: 658BDCC387
- Department: Operations
- Type: full time