Ledger Clerk - Sales and Purchase Ledger Location:
Based in Ringwood, BH24 3FA
Hours: 37 per week
About the role
Churchill Estates Management in Ringwood are recruiting for a Ledger Clerk within their Accounts & Finance Department. As Ledger Clerk, you will work as part of a small, friendly team assisting with all aspects of Purchase and Sales Ledger to ensure the successful completion of Service Charge accounts for multiple retirement developments.
Duties will include:
- The processing of supplier invoices in line with approval limits
- Speaking to customers and taking card payments over the telephone
- Dealing with invoice and billing enquiries, setting up direct debits
- Responding to suppliers and other day-to-day queries
- Assisting with supplier payment runs on a weekly basis
- Assisting with service charge billing
- Administrative tasks to support the wider Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Credit Control activities
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 5.00pm on Friday, with one hour for lunch each day.
This position would suit someone with a keen interest in Accounts and Finance, looking to gain more experience with an expanding company. Some experience of Sales or Purchase Ledger would be advantageous.
Numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail are key as you'll be dealing with large amounts of numerical data and data entry. Its important that you can read and interpret data quickly and confidently.
You will demonstrate good organisational skills, a motivated 'can-do' attitude, combined with excellent communication skills and a friendly, helpful disposition, ready to fit seamlessly into our current team.
Previous experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel, ideally to Intermediate Level would be an advantage but training and support will be given.
You'll be educated to a minimum of GCSE level C / 5 (or equivalent) in Maths and English and be eager to learn.
How you'll be rewarded
- Competitive salary
- Annual holiday entitlement - 24 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Day off on your Birthday
- Free on-site parking
- Dress down Fridays
- Free refreshments and monthly Pizza Fridays
- Social and charity events
- Contemporary working space with a bright and comfortable feel
- Induction and training from day one
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Eye Care reimbursement
- Colleague Introduction reward scheme
- Professional Subscriptions
- Training Courses
- Professional development
We are Churchill Estates Management, a progressive managing agent of privately owned leasehold Retirement Living accommodation.
We manage over 200 developments nationally. That means we oversee more than 8000 apartments, providing property services and customer care to over 10,000 retired people.
However, we are not stopping there, as we are rapidly growing and have ambitious plans for the future.
Join us and be part of a professional, award winning, customer focused team.
Our Company Values TORCH: Trust/Openness/Respect/Communication/Honesty
We are looking for the very best people to join our business and adopt our values so if you want to be part of our success story, apply today!