- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel!) and computer skills
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- College degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in accounting related role
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Financial Statements: 5 years
- Accounting: 5 years
- Financial Analysis: 5 years
- Non-Profit Sector: 3 years
Helpful Software Experience
Microsoft Outlook Email, Calendar, Teams, Excel, Multifactor Authentication; VPN/Terminal Server, QuickBooks Online, LastPass, Zoom, Canopy, OneDrive, Google Suite, Chrome, Adobe DC, Zulu/3CX, SafeSend, BambooHR, TSheets, Documo, Divvy, Bill.com, Fathom, Gusto.
Certificates, licenses, registrations: CPA preferred
Job Type: Full-time; hourly, non-exempt