Under general supervision and guidance, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures. The Accounts Payable Accountant s responsibilities include vendor payments, monitors postage usage, and provides 1099 processing. This position will also provide backup to the Payroll Accountant.Essential Duties:
- Based on established schedule, issues checks for payments to vendors for all organizational and affiliated entities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Secures department leadership approval and general ledger (GL) account coding for all invoices, check requests, and/or purchase orders.
- Compiles invoices and corresponding backup to be paid weekly.
- Posts approved invoices in accounting system. Closely monitors to ensure accuracy for zero duplication of vendor invoices and general ledger coding.
- Secures appropriate signatures on checks, ensures timely mailing, and maintains check registers for all companies.
- Enter manual payments into Accounts Payable system ensuring accuracy of payment and GL coding
- Obtains 1099 Non-Cash Awards information and issues 1099s annually in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees and manage Petty Cash box. Reconciles petty cash monthly.
- Acts as backup to payroll. Duties include processing bi-weekly payroll within payroll software, accurately calculate pay according to hours worked, and manage employee inquiries, investigate, and resolve any errors in payroll in a timely manner.
- May performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in accounting, or related field and 2-year s experience with accounts payable or general accounting. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Previous payroll experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong analytic abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
Working conditions consist of working in an office environment.Physical Demands:
Employees in this position are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are occasionally required to walk and stand and lift and move records and documents weighing 5 pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
10/2/2023 for 2-5 weeks
Monday through Friday
8:30am-5:00pm 30 min lunch